5 replies to this topic

#1 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 02:13 PM

I could put this on just about any thread, because it's a varied mix of craziness, but last year's festival was so much fun I just thought I'd link to the web-site in case anyone's interested.

Howl!
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#2 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for that. I was looking for a dance event for that week and could see nothing of interest in the main press.
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#3 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:00 PM

Drifting from event to event, I won't have time to post about them all. A great night at the Bowery Poetry Club, though, featuring Ed Sanders' 65th birthday party. Readings and songs by Ed and Tuli; some old Fugs favorites played by Ted Berrigan's son (Ed?); and a musical lecture on the history of punk by a young guy called Jeff Lewis, which was touched with brilliance. Birthday greetings were read out from Robert Creeley and Michael Horowitz, and there was a screening of a long-lost Yippe documentary, which Sanders had compiled, on the Chicago convention riots, featuring the pig which ran as Yippie candidate for the Presidency. All hugely entertaining.
Elect-a-lujah

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#4 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,265 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:37 PM

Did you see the best minds of your generation drive starving hysterical naked?

"From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives."  © hollywood 2016.

#5 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:44 PM

I have heard that line more often this week than in the last ten years.
Elect-a-lujah

#6 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:24 PM

Alphabet City II was a continuation of an oral history of the Lower East Side which the tiny Metropolitan Theater is presenting. Actors meet local residents, explore their life stories, then develop a monologue based on the material. Each evening in the series features different performers and monologues. The evening I attended, two out of three monologues were, I thought, superlative. Deeply felt and impeccably performed. Most strikingly, a young actress embodied, without the slightest sense of strain or unreality, a seventy-something year old man. And her subject was in the audience. :D

There are still some evenings left. Check for tickets here.
Elect-a-lujah