MF Old

#797 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,120 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

i forgot to go to 2 separate doctors appointments, this morning. doh!

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#798 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:59 PM

I just left a ranting somewhat incoherent message on the voice mail of the restoration company. There was no option to delete, so I had to leave it on there. Oops.

Someone will have an awfully good Monday!

#799 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,438 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

I made two pastry doughs last night. One with AP flour and pastry flour, the other with AP and wheat flour. I put them in the fridge, thinking, I better remember which is which. But, oh, that wont be a problem, because one is pale and one brown.
Yup.

#800 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,120 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#801 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3jOlQqDPzQ

It's a nice touch that the guy walks right behind the newscaster, texting away, before the texter girl makes her entrance. Kind of sets the stage.
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#802 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,605 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

That reminded me of this unseasonal 1970s gem:

Bar Loser

MF Old

#803 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Kitchen light went poof, so I searched far and wide for a replacement. Finally found the lone spare bulb, only to drop it when I took it out of the package. Crap.

I will have to rob one of the bedroom light fixtures so I won't have to cook in the dark.

#804 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,503 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=uuwfgXD8qV8#!

Seriously, can anyone tell me why Katy straps her boobs down in this video? It's as if they were going to make her pretend to be a dude to join the military, then they realized women join the military too; but that makes no sense, because she's already seen the recruitment ad for women.

Maybe her character is supposed to be extremely stupid.

Maybe they just wanted to have Katy do something with her boobs (usually, she shoots fireworks from them).

Anyone help with this?

#805 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Babbo opened for lunch today for the first time ever and the crew at Eater is acting like Moses has come down from the mountain top. There are at least four posts about it on their front page, including a live blog of a staffer's lunch.
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.

#806 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,605 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uuwfgXD8qV8#!

Seriously, can anyone tell me why Katy straps her boobs down in this video? It's as if they were going to make her pretend to be a dude to join the military, then they realized women join the military too; but that makes no sense, because she's already seen the recruitment ad for women.

Maybe her character is supposed to be extremely stupid.

Maybe they just wanted to have Katy do something with her boobs (usually, she shoots fireworks from them).

Anyone help with this?

Well, say you're about to sneak into a room filled with enemy soldiers. It wouldn't be very effective if your breasts entered three minutes before the rest of you.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#807 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,503 posts

I was hoping for some insight on Katy's boob-strapping. I guess nobody can bear the thought of watching the video, but it comes quite early.

#808 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,605 posts

See the cross-post. Hope it's helpful.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#809 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,503 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well, say you're about to sneak into a room filled with enemy soldiers. It wouldn't be very effective if your breasts entered three minutes before the rest of you.

I think I did have that as another alternative: that Katy's boobs are just too prominent for the military - but I didn't see why they would seek to highlight that fact in the video.

ETA: Maybe it's some kind of dig at Sesame Street, like, "Ho, ho, I guess I should have done this before meeting Kermit."

#810 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,605 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Katy's boobs are just too prominent for the military

Right. Just think about what kind of missions she'd always get: "Katy you go in first and distract them, and we'll sneak in the other side."
Bar Loser

MF Old