Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(splinky @ Aug 25 2009, 07:29 PM) View Post
QUOTE(porkwah @ Aug 25 2009, 07:04 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Anthony Bonner @ Aug 25 2009, 06:13 PM) View Post
uncoated sheetrock pretty much has to be primed or it'll look like crap even with two coats. Painted walls don't need to be re-primed usually assuming the existing paint isn't unusual.

you have to be careful to clean the wall of any grease -- primer is very sticky and somewhat diminishes that need.

re unusual paint: the house i owned in seattle had a 16 x 20 living room with a dark brown ceiling. primer was a necessity.

you mean, i should not have have spread lard on the new plaster walls?

it's fine as long as you clean them off. but you should have painted them before applying lard.

ABCDEFGHIJKLNMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

bob marleycorn must die 

this food left intentionally bland

and i swear that i don't have a pun

originality is a bitter

#182 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,753 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(porkwah @ Aug 25 2009, 07:46 PM) View Post
QUOTE(splinky @ Aug 25 2009, 07:29 PM) View Post
QUOTE(porkwah @ Aug 25 2009, 07:04 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Anthony Bonner @ Aug 25 2009, 06:13 PM) View Post
uncoated sheetrock pretty much has to be primed or it'll look like crap even with two coats. Painted walls don't need to be re-primed usually assuming the existing paint isn't unusual.

you have to be careful to clean the wall of any grease -- primer is very sticky and somewhat diminishes that need.

re unusual paint: the house i owned in seattle had a 16 x 20 living room with a dark brown ceiling. primer was a necessity.

you mean, i should not have have spread lard on the new plaster walls?

it's fine as long as you clean them off. but you should have painted them before applying lard.

i wish you had told me this earlier

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#183 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Our parent company has a program where we can buy factory reconditioned power tools from Bosch for really cheap. Conveniently my 15 year old cordless driver/drill died a few months ago so I went poked around and found an 18V Lithium-ion powered set that includes a drill driver and an impact gun for less than $200. Online reviews are great.

Posted Image

I should have it in less than a week. Hopefully the tools are as good as the reviews.
Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.

#184 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,753 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

Our parent company has a program where we can buy factory reconditioned power tools from Bosch for really cheap. Conveniently my 15 year old cordless driver/drill died a few months ago so I went poked around and found an 18V Lithium-ion powered set that includes a drill driver and an impact gun for less than $200. Online reviews are great.

Posted Image

I should have it in less than a week. Hopefully the tools are as good as the reviews.

i had a similar and loved it. a contractor's assistant working on a renovation for me apparently also loved it and it disappeared along with a flat screen tv and the assistant.

that's a great deal even for a re-conditioned item

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#185 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Bought one of these for the receptacle in the kitchen that usually has at least one USB power cube plugged into it.

IMG_0435.jpg

#186 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,193 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Is that the one from Costco? I saw it the other day and was thinking I should get one.

#187 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,616 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Bought one of these for the receptacle in the kitchen that usually has at least one USB power cube plugged into it.

how do those work? and would i need an electrician to install one?

my annoying opinions: untimely whisky reviews and occasional cultural commentary

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#188 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

You wire them up like a regular receptacle. If you've ever replaced one of those the installation is the same.

The one I got is made by Leviton and I got it at the hardware store for about $20.

#189 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,753 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

You wire them up like a regular receptacle. If you've ever replaced one of those the installation is the same.

The one I got is made by Leviton and I got it at the hardware store for about $20.

is that the high speed one that will charge an ipad and iphone at the same time? i have that on my home depot list

~Jack Handey

#190 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't know if it is considered high speed.  It has a total power delivery of 2.1 A and theoretically optimizes power delivery based on the device.  We have had an iPhone and and iPad plugged in at the same time and both did charge.  I didn't notice how fast.

#191 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,753 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I don't know if it is considered high speed.  It has a total power delivery of 2.1 A and theoretically optimizes power delivery based on the device.  We have had an iPhone and and iPad plugged in at the same time and both did charge.  I didn't notice how fast.

High speed was the name on the package. I think it's only high speed if you plug an iPhone to charge in the ipad slot.

~Jack Handey