Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(splinky @ Aug 25 2009, 07:29 PM) View Post
QUOTE(porkwah @ Aug 25 2009, 07:04 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Anthony Bonner @ Aug 25 2009, 06:13 PM) View Post
uncoated sheetrock pretty much has to be primed or it'll look like crap even with two coats. Painted walls don't need to be re-primed usually assuming the existing paint isn't unusual.

you have to be careful to clean the wall of any grease -- primer is very sticky and somewhat diminishes that need.

re unusual paint: the house i owned in seattle had a 16 x 20 living room with a dark brown ceiling. primer was a necessity.

you mean, i should not have have spread lard on the new plaster walls?

it's fine as long as you clean them off. but you should have painted them before applying lard.

man, i need a headache

#182 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,105 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(porkwah @ Aug 25 2009, 07:46 PM) View Post
QUOTE(splinky @ Aug 25 2009, 07:29 PM) View Post
QUOTE(porkwah @ Aug 25 2009, 07:04 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Anthony Bonner @ Aug 25 2009, 06:13 PM) View Post
uncoated sheetrock pretty much has to be primed or it'll look like crap even with two coats. Painted walls don't need to be re-primed usually assuming the existing paint isn't unusual.

you have to be careful to clean the wall of any grease -- primer is very sticky and somewhat diminishes that need.

re unusual paint: the house i owned in seattle had a 16 x 20 living room with a dark brown ceiling. primer was a necessity.

you mean, i should not have have spread lard on the new plaster walls?

it's fine as long as you clean them off. but you should have painted them before applying lard.

i wish you had told me this earlier

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#183 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Our parent company has a program where we can buy factory reconditioned power tools from Bosch for really cheap. Conveniently my 15 year old cordless driver/drill died a few months ago so I went poked around and found an 18V Lithium-ion powered set that includes a drill driver and an impact gun for less than $200. Online reviews are great.

Posted Image

I should have it in less than a week. Hopefully the tools are as good as the reviews.
Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.

#184 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,105 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

Our parent company has a program where we can buy factory reconditioned power tools from Bosch for really cheap. Conveniently my 15 year old cordless driver/drill died a few months ago so I went poked around and found an 18V Lithium-ion powered set that includes a drill driver and an impact gun for less than $200. Online reviews are great.

Posted Image

I should have it in less than a week. Hopefully the tools are as good as the reviews.

i had a similar and loved it. a contractor's assistant working on a renovation for me apparently also loved it and it disappeared along with a flat screen tv and the assistant.

that's a great deal even for a re-conditioned item

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#185 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Bought one of these for the receptacle in the kitchen that usually has at least one USB power cube plugged into it.

IMG_0435.jpg

#186 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Is that the one from Costco? I saw it the other day and was thinking I should get one.

#187 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,702 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Bought one of these for the receptacle in the kitchen that usually has at least one USB power cube plugged into it.

how do those work? and would i need an electrician to install one?

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary (current review: glenmorangie signet)

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#188 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

You wire them up like a regular receptacle. If you've ever replaced one of those the installation is the same.

The one I got is made by Leviton and I got it at the hardware store for about $20.

#189 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,105 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

You wire them up like a regular receptacle. If you've ever replaced one of those the installation is the same.

The one I got is made by Leviton and I got it at the hardware store for about $20.

is that the high speed one that will charge an ipad and iphone at the same time? i have that on my home depot list

~Jack Handey

#190 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't know if it is considered high speed.  It has a total power delivery of 2.1 A and theoretically optimizes power delivery based on the device.  We have had an iPhone and and iPad plugged in at the same time and both did charge.  I didn't notice how fast.

#191 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,105 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I don't know if it is considered high speed.  It has a total power delivery of 2.1 A and theoretically optimizes power delivery based on the device.  We have had an iPhone and and iPad plugged in at the same time and both did charge.  I didn't notice how fast.

High speed was the name on the package. I think it's only high speed if you plug an iPhone to charge in the ipad slot.

~Jack Handey