97 replies to this topic

#91 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

These are popular in Germany. The only thing I don't like about them is the plastic bottles. If you haven't done so yet, check out the penguin system which uses nicer glass bottles and looks slightly spiffier. Of course, we haven't gotten around to getting one yet...we currently buy a local carbonated water in glass deposit bottles by the case for less than 50 cents per bottle. It's supposedly bottled by nuns who give the proceeds to charity or something.

After going through a 12 liter case every 2 days during the heat wave, we bit the bullet and got the sodastream penguin, mainly because of the glass bottles. It tends to make bigger, rougher bubbles than the commercial "sanft" (i.e. soft) option we usually buy, but not having to carry cases back and forth from the little store across the street is a major improvement. Downside is we don't hear as much neighborhood gossip.
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#92 memesuze

memesuze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

SodaStream deal at Kohls.com
"When you think about it, all of my greatest work is poop tomorrow." - Mario Batali

Even if you live to be 100, life is short.

#93 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,563 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

just bought a sodastream, will it fulfill all my hopes and dreams?

with regard to carbonated beverages, of course, of course

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#94 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Just don't try to carbonate anything but water with it. I kind of lost interest in mine after awhile, but I don't drink a lot of carbonated beverages, anyway.

There was an article in the nytimes relatively recently about carbonators. I will search for it.

#95 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...?pagewanted=all

there it is!

#96 peppyre

peppyre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

I absolutely love mine and it has been put to good use. I haven't been able to handle plain water and all I've been drinking for the past 9 months is bubbly water with tasty things added. Usually just a few drops of lemon juice. You will love it. 

#97 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Our SodaStream was the best purchase we made in 2012. It's a such a pleasure not to have to store cases of seltzer anymore.
Future Legacy Participant.

#98 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,563 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

it just arrived and looked as if it had been open used and returned before it came to me. i sent it back and am thinking about getting a soda siphon instead. no need for dedicated counter space and easily found refills. i wish isi would hurry up and bring back their twist and sparkle. it was leass expensive and easy to store and had extra bottles to store flavored sodas

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*