• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Annie

Annie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:09 PM

I'm going to visit Perth next week. Have been there before but don't have any favourite places yet. Would love to know favourite restaurants of Perth dwellers? or anything else particularly that I should do while I'm there?
Excited!

#2 Aaron T

Aaron T

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

I asked my Aussie coworker and he recommended checking out Little Creatures Brweery. Website here He said that Freemantle in general is worth checking out, it is the city immediately south of Perth along the water. Apparently there are lots of nice little places to eat and drink and it is quite windy.
"There just aren't many new "uptight" reservation places opening, especially in the neighborhoods where older, more sophisticated diners are trolling for youngish women." - Stone

My blog: Savory Hunter @ www.savoryhunter.com

#3 Annie

Annie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

Oh thanks Aaron T. I just looked up Little Creatures on this review site called True Local that I've discovered. (Sorry, it's only OZ) That place has some great reviews so I'll definately check it out.

#4 Slapsie Maxie

Slapsie Maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

Little Creatures is well worth a visit, you have to take a 30-40minute journey to Freo from Perth. Also, non food related, head out to Rottnest island for the day.

The hotel on the edge of Cottsloe Beach is a good place to have a cocktail and watch the sun go down.

The food in Perth is hardly memorable, but there are some decent Vietnamese places in Northbridge (just North of the CBD)

Do take time to walk in King's Park. The Botanical Gardens there are lovely

hope this helps
Slapsie

#5 Annie

Annie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the tips, I had such a great holiday. My partner and I are actually thinking of moving to Perth now! Fremantle is great, it has a great feel, doesn't it? And I have been to the Indianna tearooms at Cottsloe beach before...I just love the decor and the view. I am seriously thinking about a sea change...

#6 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

In an interesting concidence, Perth (& other bits of SW Australia) was featured on Globe Trekker last night. It all looked so fascinating.
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.