13162 replies to this topic

#11746 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,415 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

We too (well, Paul actually) has been receiving NY Magazine unbidden. I read the restaurant reviews, do the crossword, and put it in the recycling.

In a similar vein, business credit card solicitations have started arriving with our address for a pizza place and person there of whom we have no knowledge. Did we take in a boarder without either of us knowing??

Because it's allowed doesn't mean it isn't creepy. -- Sneakeater, April 10, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#11747 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,576 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

i'm getting free vogue and new york magazine.
but my surreal experience of the day is even weirder than that. imagine hanging with your 78 year old aunt and she comes home with more digits and from younger men, than you pull. i can only hope that my draw will improve significantly in 30 years time

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#11748 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

I got nymag for free for a year too. never figured out why it came but the free subscription was only for a year.

#11749 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

I guess I'm the first Jersey resident here to get NY Mag? A curious distinction. Maybe they need Jersey folk to improve their demographics with advertisers.
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#11750 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,353 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

A social media will?
A social media will.

Gee, what's next?

I got that gin in my system
Somebody's gon' be my victim.

Big Freedia

#11751 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,768 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

A friend of mine passed away about a year ago. Her Facebook profile is still up, and still pops up on my home page. It's odd, but kind of good.

And she was.

#11752 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,576 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

okay, this is gross but excellent

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#11753 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,576 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

domino's gluten free offering. yeah right <_<

nice disclaimers: the gf pizza will be baked in the same ovens as the regular pizzas and toppings offered may contain gluten, not to mention all the other opportunities for cross contamination. why bother? and why pay an extra $3 for something that's not actually gluten free?

~Jack Handey

#11754 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,415 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

nice disclaimers: the gf pizza will be baked in the same ovens as the regular pizzas and toppings offered may contain gluten, not to mention all the other opportunities for cross contamination. why bother? and why pay an extra $3 for something that's not actually gluten free?

Hey, it will be perfect for all those folks who think it's fashionable to eat gluten free but don't need to. Or who think that eating "gluten-free" pizza will help them lose weight.:huh: I daresay people who really do need to avoid gluten won't be taken in. Not more than once, anyway.:ph43r:

Because it's allowed doesn't mean it isn't creepy. -- Sneakeater, April 10, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#11755 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,576 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hey, it will be perfect for all those folks who think it's fashionable to eat gluten free but don't need to. Or who think that eating "gluten-free" pizza will help them lose weight.:huh: I daresay people who really do need to avoid gluten won't be taken in. Not more than once, anyway.:ph43r:

khloe & kim k can load their fat asses up on domino's. dollars to donuts we'll see them or la lohan hawking the pizzas

~Jack Handey

#11756 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,110 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Last night I was without a laptop but decided to watch vogue.com's live stream of the Met Costume Institute Gala red carpet on my phone. Logged on at 6:30 for the two hour broadcast. At 7:30 I turned on the TV in order to view the Rangers/Caps game. Quite the multimedia experience. And whoa, some hockey game!
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.

#11757 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,535 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

Hot dog aficionados will no doubt remember Catherine Scalia, known as the Hot Dog Hooker. Back in 2004 she and another women were arrested for performing sex acts in the back of a hot dog truck.

Well, she's back. She's moved upscale. Instead of the truck she hands out business cards inviting patrons to her home. She was released on bail yesterday, unrepentant.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#11758 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,576 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

Hot dog aficionados will no doubt remember Catherine Scalia, known as the Hot Dog Hooker. Back in 2004 she and another women were arrested for performing sex acts in the back of a hot dog truck.

Well, she's back. She's moved upscale. Instead of the truck she hands out business cards inviting patrons to her home. She was released on bail yesterday, unrepentant.

Home style lap dances are an important public service. G-d bless her for the important and selfless work that she does.

~Jack Handey

#11759 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,576 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

Also, when you got it, flaunt it. I wish I had her confidence and entrpreneurial spirit

~Jack Handey

#11760 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

Home style lap dances are an important public service. G-d bless her for the important and selfless work that she does.

Isn't this an RTBC? Well, except that she got caught.
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.