24925 replies to this topic

#16 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:50 PM

My new cowboy boots hurt my feet. I know I have to go through a breaking-in phase, but in the meantime my left pinky toe is cursing at me non-stop.
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#17 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,177 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 04:28 PM

Visit the Dr. Scholl's display at a drug store and pick up some Moleskin.
You're only as good as your grease.

When working with high heat, the first contact between the cooking surface and the food must be respected.

-- Francis Mallman

#18 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:03 PM

It's not a rubbing thing, it's a tight thing.
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#19 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,952 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:21 PM

My computer has a virus: W32Netsky.P @mm that Norton says it caught and deleted, but it still crashes when I try to access my e-mail on Eudora.

#20 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:39 PM

Papercuts. Hate 'em. Ouch.
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#21 ahr

ahr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

My computer has a virus:  W32Netsky.P @mm that Norton says it caught and deleted, but it still crashes when I try to access my e-mail on Eudora.

That's 'cuz you're supposed to be using Outlook.
"To Serve Man"
-- Favorite Twilight Zone cookbook

#22 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,952 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:55 PM

Everything was OK for a year or so. :huh:

#23 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:29 PM

Why is is that otherwise perfectly good delis serve awful pickles? What does a gal have to do in this town to get a decent pickle, other than go to a pickle specialty store???

#24 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:52 PM

"Hello, I'm Eudora Welty and I'm calling on behalf of MCI phone service. Are you a decision maker of this residence?"
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#25 Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 03:13 PM

"Hello, I'm Eudora Welty and I'm calling on behalf of MCI phone service. Are you a decision maker of this residence?"

"I'm not sure. Do I have to give you an answer now? I mean, I might be. Can I think about it for a minute? Am I alllowed to change my mind later? What if I make the wrong choice? I guess it depends on what you mean by decision-maker."

#26 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 03:19 PM

"I am the decision-maker, not merely for this household, but for the entire known universe. Please hold while I move in a mysterious way." :ph43r:
Elect-a-lujah

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#27 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:12 PM

"I am the decision-maker, not merely for this household, but for the entire known universe. Please hold while I move in a mysterious way." :ph43r:

"And I've just made another bold decision: (click)"
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#28 Slapsie Maxie

Slapsie Maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:17 PM

I always let them finish their schtick while showing interest and then say

" it sounds great and I am thrilled that you would consider offering this service to an undischarged bankrupt like me"

click.........................................

#29 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:23 PM

I like to tell them that their call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes. :ph43r: :ph43r:
Elect-a-lujah

#30 Slapsie Maxie

Slapsie Maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses are the best fun

There is always

One white/one black
One old/one young
One really gabby and one silent ( I think one is a ventriloquist and is working the other one " may I tell you about Christ my personal saviour while my friend here drinks a glass of water?")

The best way I have found to deal with them is when they say "may we come in and talk to you about your salvation" say " sure, come on in. I have just put the kettle on" at which point they go "you're a nutter" and leave

S