227 replies to this topic

#91 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,443 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

I was seduced by the price and paying for 6 rooms out here for 8 days.. I am staying at Bally's. I arrived last night around midnight and they were out of rooms.. They put me in a suite and are going to have tough time getting me out of it on Friday.. Does anyone know of any good restaurants in this hotel?

Thanks

Walk next door to the Paris and eat at Mon Ami Gabi. (Am I thinking of the right hotel?)

Yes. The Paris is adjacent to the Bally's.

If that doesn't work, Bellagio is across the street, and there are a number of great places there, including Le Cirque, Michael Mina, Picasso, etc

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#92 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

I was seduced by the price and paying for 6 rooms out here for 8 days.. I am staying at Bally's. I arrived last night around midnight and they were out of rooms.. They put me in a suite and are going to have tough time getting me out of it on Friday.. Does anyone know of any good restaurants in this hotel?

Thanks

Walk next door to the Paris and eat at Mon Ami Gabi. (Am I thinking of the right hotel?)

Yes. The Paris is adjacent to the Bally's.

If that doesn't work, Bellagio is across the street, and there are a number of great places there, including Le Cirque, Michael Mina, Picasso, etc

I always like Olives in the Bellagio. And, of course, The Petrossian for cocktails.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#93 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,438 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

please, someone try flavor flav's chicken place and report back

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#94 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hmm... Flava Flave.. Who would have thought, the crack head, clock wearing guy from the Militant group Public Enemy, would be that lovable scamp that we have all grown to love. Now he is selling fried chicken. Talk about a 180. I guess, if that "Cop Killer" could now play a cop on t.v, and Ice Cube can be in light hearted rafting comedies, anything can happen.

Tonight we went, on your suggestion to Mon Ami Gabi.. It was a huge success.. Everyone was happy.. i feel like it's one of the rare places in Vegas that doesn't feel like a rip off.. We had a Grand Cru St. Emilion 06 for 75 bucks, a Dover Sole for 35 bucks, it was all so reasonable.. The food was tasty..

We made a reservation for 5.. they tried to stick us inside but, i persisted and got us outside on the street. I ordered the scallop gratin, the steak au poivre rare.. Everything was good. The steak was cooked medium rare.. The scallop gratin were three half scallops, sliced on a bias. Fresh warm french bread..

Everyone was happy. Round tables are always a plus..

Posted Image

Steak.. Pepper sauce was a little A-1'ish.. But the steak was really well seasoned.. Fries were ok. Wine was served cold and the waiter was over pouring to get a second bottle.. They cleared plates before we were all finished.. People inhaled their food, two people lingered. It made me feel uncomfortable but, i was the only one to notice. All in all, it was fine. My party loved the restaurant, they were raving .. This might be a yearly trip to this place.. It worked out to be 350 with tip included on the bill already.

Posted Image

Spirits are high.. Everyone was happy.. Thanks for the suggestion!
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#95 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hello,

I need more help with that big customer of mine.. Last meal i had with him was in the awesome place in Canton, China.. We have gone to Honey 1 BBQ, Raku (which is closed) Lotus of Siam and Ichiza.. He wants to go to another really interesting restaurant and I am in charge for tonight.. Would really need a suggestion for tonight.. I wanted to go back to Raku but. it's closed tonight..

#96 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,443 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

How about L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon at MGM? It's a fun experience, esp sitting at the counter.

L'Atelier

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#97 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,443 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Second thought - how about VIP seating at Emeril's Stadium ampitheater at Palazzo?

I've only been there for minor events, but during the NCAA men's and women's basketball championships, it should be a total zoo.

Lagasse

...Jonathan Waxman

#98 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for your suggestions, i like Robochon I just feel like it would be lost on my father and it's too stuff after a long day.. As a non sports fan, Emerils would be too hectic.. I am looking for more ethnic food in Chinatown. I was thinking Honey 1 but, we went Korean last time.. Is there any good Sichaun in Vegas?

#99 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Has anyone been to firefly

#100 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,443 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Eater Las Vegas has a tidbit in their report about Alex Stratta's NY restaurant closing:

Considering opening a casual place in Las Vegas

...Jonathan Waxman

#101 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

Bachelor party. Ten or so guys. Need something in a price range bordering on reasonable. I'm planning on pushing hard for Raku or Lotus of Siam, but I don't think that's a winner - my guess is that there's going to be a strong push for the strip. Shoot.

I think you need to interpret what I'm saying in a reasonable way.

#102 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,438 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

Bachelor party. Ten or so guys. Need something in a price range bordering on reasonable. I'm planning on pushing hard for Raku or Lotus of Siam, but I don't think that's a winner - my guess is that there's going to be a strong push for the strip. Shoot.

but couldn't you continue the party with the denizens of the lotus of siam parking lot?

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#103 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

but couldn't you continue the party with the denizens of the lotus of siam parking lot?

Like I said, not a winner.

I think you need to interpret what I'm saying in a reasonable way.

#104 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'd recommend n9ne in The Palms or Jaleo and STK in The Cosmo. You can go to Raku on your own after everyone else passes out.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#105 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Yeh nine steakhouse is good.. I think we coordinated dinner and free passes up to the club on the roof.. But, that could have been at the Rio also.. Most likely is was both.. I have also been to a bachelor party dinner at Del Friscos which was nice.. They give you your own private room. Raku will not work with 10 guys.. Honey 1 Korean BBQ May, or Hot N Juicy Crawfish may be able to handle you guys..