227 replies to this topic

#106 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

The question is whether it's possible to subsist for an entire weekend solely off of 'wichcraft and In-n-Out burger (okay, and a single, over cooked, steak). The answer to the question is yes.

As an aside, neither 'wichcraft nor In-n-Out burger are particularly good.

I think you need to interpret what I'm saying in a reasonable way.

#107 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,438 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

The question is whether it's possible to subsist for an entire weekend solely off of 'wichcraft and In-n-Out burger (okay, and a single, over cooked, steak). The answer to the question is yes.

i did that once for 4 days and it was fine but i also had a haagen daz shake, every day.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#108 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

i did that once for 4 days and it was fine but i also had a haagen daz shake, every day.

Valuable nutritional content there. The four slices of processed cheese on my four-by-fours really weren't getting me the calcium I needed.

#109 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,438 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Valuable nutritional content there. The four slices of processed cheese on my four-by-fours really weren't getting me the calcium I needed.

dude, i'm always thinking. also, don't forget that ketchup counts as a vegetable

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#110 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

dude, i'm always thinking. also, don't forget that ketchup counts as a vegetable

(real) Canadians don't use ketchup, malt vinegar on the fries only. Source of endless frustration for my mom during family vacations to the states.

#111 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

What about gravy and cheese curds..
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#112 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

ETA: Though perhaps I overstate the case - malt vinegar on fries may be regional delicacy: Toronto's British culinary appendage.

#113 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

You should have gone to the Fukuburger truck for late night burgers and fries. Usually hangs out in Chinatown on Spring Mountain Road. Excellent burgers and fries with crack sauce. Much better than In and Out.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#114 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Any good Chinese Places open up? I am reading about this place Boomin SPot Mini Pot, which has great reviews on yelp. Appears to be a Hot Pot place.. Also, next to Yun Nan Garden, I noticed a place serving Hunan food called Dong Ting. I think I want to go there this trip too. I will be in town for several days.

#115 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

So, I have a dinner planned for some of my employees tonight. We are at Bally's again. I want Mon Ami Gabi but, i feel like it's going to be too loud and sitting outside is not an option. I am considering, going to Batistas Hole in the Wall or was considering La Provencal. Has anyone been to Batista's? Any other suggestions.

#116 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

went back to mon ami gabi.. i had a rezi at batiste's hole in the wall but, chickened out.. sat in a loud crowded room at a table for 4 made into a table for five. food was ok, not great, 300 bucks for 5 including the added 18 percent gratuity added by the waiter.

#117 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

went to Del Frisco's last night. There was a strange sulfur smell in the air . I was nervous I was having a stroke or something but, it must have been an issue with the plumping. I seemed to be the only person to notice this so I left it alone. We were celebrating a customers 50 birthday. We took several shots of this vodka sitting in pineapple juice. We ordered an 03 lopez heredia. sides were delicious. lobster mac and cheese, creamed spinach with bacon and potato chips.

Fun night.. I think this is the longest I have stayed out of Chinatown while in Vegas. Heading over to Yun Nan Garden tonight.

#118 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

Add Hong Kong Garden on Jones between Spring Mountain and Desert Inn to your list of places to try.

#119 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

thanks, i will.

#120 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

Yunan Garden to the dome piece. The three of us ordered 8 dishes without including going to the cold dish bar and ordering sour cabbage, peanuts and little fish and some sort of dried spicy beef in a spicy sauce.. Most likely shin..

The standouts were the cumin lamb, the fried pork rib pieces covered in some sort of dried grain. There was also some sort of combo which included sliced fish and pork intestine stew we put over rice. There was also sweet and sour fried fish, green beans and minced pork,.. I see since I have been there, they won an award which called them one of the top 100 Chinese Restaurants in the country..

It rained for a few minutes.. It was an intense rain with crazy winds.. The rain was coming sideways. I have not seen it rain like that in Vegas for a few years.

I love this place.. And my favorite customer, who i have dined with all over China, called this one of his favorite Chinese restaurants he has ever been to..

There is no doubt this place is special. Followed by a nice run on the black jack table. life is good.