32 replies to this topic

#16 Sleepy_Dragon

Sleepy_Dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:04 AM

For trade, I have a brand new copy of Burger Bar, by Hubert Keller. PM me with yer proposals!

Pat

#17 Carolyn Tillie

Carolyn Tillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Sleepy_Dragon @ Oct 27 2009, 12:04 AM) View Post
For trade, I have a brand new copy of Burger Bar, by Hubert Keller. PM me with yer proposals!

Pat

laugh.gif laugh.gif Based on a handful of local reviews of the Burger restaurant he just opened here in San Francisco, the book might best be used as a doorstop! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#18 da goose

da goose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Carolyn Tillie @ Oct 27 2009, 05:33 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Sleepy_Dragon @ Oct 27 2009, 12:04 AM) View Post

Pat

laugh.gif laugh.gif Based on a handful of local reviews of the Burger restaurant he just opened here in San Francisco, the book might best be used as a doorstop! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Based on the burger I had at his Burger Bar in Vegas, yes, I would agree that doorstop would be a good plan.

#19 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

A year ago Christmas (yes 2010) I was given a tagine gift set from Sur La Table. Scroll down to see what is in it.

I've never opened the box and I know I will never use it. Does anyone want it?
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#20 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

Me!! Is it that color?? I'm totally interested in this!

A year ago Christmas (yes 2010) I was given a tagine gift set from Sur La Table. Scroll down to see what is in it.

Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#21 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Go for it Wendy. I have a similar one and they're quite useful and decorative.

Hope all of you in the PNW are doing well. It seems like such a long time since we visited.

#22 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

It's yours! I have no idea what color it is - I haven't opened the box!

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#23 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Hope all of you in the PNW are doing well. It seems like such a long time since we visited.

Now I feel like I should keep it!

Rich - you should come visit again!

#24 Really Nice!

Really Nice!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

Weeeeelllllll... If I had one I didn't want I'd return it in exchange for store credit and wait for something Really Nice to go on sale. :lol:

#25 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Weeeeelllllll... If I had one I didn't want I'd return it in exchange for store credit and wait for something Really Nice to go on sale. :lol:

Yeah, yeah. If I hadn't been such a procrastinator I would have done that (remember when I asked you if it was a good tagine... over a year ago?). But even *I* can't return an item after that long!

#26 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,948 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yeah, yeah. If I hadn't been such a procrastinator I would have done that (remember when I asked you if it was a good tagine... over a year ago?). But even *I* can't return an item after that long!

back when i was a manager at bloomingdale's in nyc, people very often returned well used items that were over 20 years old.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#27 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Since I'm on a roll, does anyone want a chef's jacket and black and white checked pants, sized medium, from Chefwear? The pants have been worn once and I don't think the jacket has been worn at all.

#28 Really Nice!

Really Nice!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:29 AM

Trust me, they'll take it back. :)

#29 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,774 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

It's on out list Lauren - hopefully next spring or fall.

#30 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

My new rule is that I can't buy a new cookbook unless I get rid of an old one. So I have one up for grabs. It's not a cookbook per se, but a reference book.

The Wellness Encyclopedia of Food and Nutrition from the University of California at Berkeley.