• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 hickdolphin

hickdolphin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:52 AM

Hi I am new here and have noticed that most of the threads are in the main cities. Well how about outside the city? What is your favorite place on the Northend? From Lynnwood north to the Canadian Border. Any type of food low buck to high dollar Good family Italian, seafood, real hispanic, oreiental, it doesn't matter just looking for the wide spectrum of what is good outside of the rat race.

#2 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:49 AM

Welcome hickdolphin (love to know the story behind that handle!)

Probably my favorite place 'tween here and the border is the Oyster Bar on Chuckanut Drive, though its been several years since I've been.

My family spent a week in Birch Bay a couple years ago and discovered some good places. Dutch Mother's in Lynden serves these outrageous Dutch pancakes that are somewhere between a crepe and an American pancake and they have bacon and cheese cooked into them. Boundary Bay in Bellingham makes some of my favorite beers and offers good pub grub. The food at Semiahmoo has been good at times, but my most recent visit was very disappointing. If you can sneak across the border to White Rock, there are a number of good restaurants along the waterfront.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#3 hickdolphin

hickdolphin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:29 PM

Those are a couple of places I have not been yet. I will have to try them. Is there anything in the Everett to marysville area that has good food?

#4 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:49 AM

There's a place just off the freeway in Marysville that's in a log building. Can't remember the name, but I like stopping there when I go golfing up that way. Nothing remarkable, but honest diner kind of food.

#5 hickdolphin

hickdolphin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(tighe @ Jul 8 2009, 09:49 PM) View Post
Welcome hickdolphin (love to know the story behind that handle!)

Well I grew up in the cities and beaches of calif. them moved to a farm. I love the country yet I love the water I spend as much time in it as possible. So a friend of mine gave me the tag

#6 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

we just had brunch recently in Everett at Alligator Soul which was good. the dinner menu looked much more interesting so I would really like to get up there again for that.

we also like stopping in Bellingham at a wood fired pizza place called La Fiamma
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#7 hickdolphin

hickdolphin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Yes the Alligator soul is great! It also has a crawfish feed a couple of times a year that is very tasty.
The place in Marysville used to be called Mxwells acording to a friend of mine. She said it was good food.
My son just went to the Blazing Onion in Mill creek and he loved it. he had the bacon cheese burger it had 2 big slices of pepered bacon and real cheese and because of the name of the place he decided to get the grilled onions on it. and he doesn't like onions. but when he got it he said that he loved it and is definately going back. they had a choice of fries, onion rings or sweet potatoe fries or any combination of 2 and it was only $8 I will have to try that place as well

#8 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

Paul and I met my parents for dinner at Emory's on Silver Lake last night and it wasn't horrible! Well, parts of it were but we all had the fish and chips and I have to say, these were the best f & c I've had in years. Nice piece of Alaskan cod with a tempura batter, fried perfectly. The fries were fine, better than some, than some, but that fish! I'll be craving that for sure. It's nice to have a place to meet half way that isn't Arnie's!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#9 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(Lauren @ Sep 1 2009, 09:20 AM) View Post
Paul and I met my parents for dinner at Emory's on Silver Lake last night and it wasn't horrible! Well, parts of it were but we all had the fish and chips and I have to say, these were the best f & c I've had in years. Nice piece of Alaskan cod with a tempura batter, fried perfectly. The fries were fine, better than some, than some, but that fish! I'll be craving that for sure. It's nice to have a place to meet half way that isn't Arnie's!

On the news last night, I saw the sad news that Emory's has burned to the ground. Nancy Lesons post about it here.

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#10 GourmetLight$

GourmetLight$

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE(Lauren @ Nov 10 2009, 04:47 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Lauren @ Sep 1 2009, 09:20 AM) View Post

On the news last night, I saw the sad news that Emory's has burned to the ground. Nancy Lesons post about it here.

I don't know how I missed this post from September, but we occasionally go to Emory's too, since it's actually pretty close for us. The food has been predictable, if not that adventurous, and the service is wonderful. We'll really miss being able to head for Emory's when too tired to go to our more usual haunts down south. Hope they are able to re-build. unsure.gif
Carolyn
~~~~~

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

#11 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

re-upping this thread as I'm heading up to Bellingham next week for a concert & would love suggestions for where we should dine first (concert is being held at the PAC Concert Hall on WWUs Campus)

From earlier comments I gather that Boundary Bay or LaFiamma could be good choices. Also possibly the Flat Tapas Bar in Fairhaven. Any updates or other reccommendations?

A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#12 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:14 PM

Nimbus looks interesting, if maybe a bit full of itself....

#13 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

I'm going to be in Snohomish on Monday and need a good place for lunch- any suggestions??
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#14 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(little ms foodie @ Mar 20 2010, 02:57 PM) View Post
I'm going to be in Snohomish on Monday and need a good place for lunch- any suggestions??

We ended up having breakfast at the Maltby Cafe where I hadn't been before. Since their entrees are HUGE I didn't need lunch. smile.gif
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#15 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(little ms foodie @ Mar 22 2010, 07:00 PM) View Post
QUOTE(little ms foodie @ Mar 20 2010, 02:57 PM) View Post

We ended up having breakfast at the Maltby Cafe where I hadn't been before. Since their entrees are HUGE I didn't need lunch. smile.gif

How was it? I haven't been for years.