#1 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:38 AM

i has questions and needs russipees.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#2 flyfish

flyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:44 AM

There is this one
I used to be eye candy but now Im more like eye pickle"
Neil Innes

Your father is going deaf. I cant hear a word he says!
My mom

I hope to set an example, you know, for children and stuff."
Captain Hammer

#3 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE(flyfish @ Oct 29 2009, 09:44 PM) View Post
There is this one

fly, you're the best admin ever!

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#4 tsquare

tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

Or this: Shauna's blog

But we'll answer your questions even if we don't know the answers!

#5 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,516 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:05 AM

I've recently become acquainted with Sloane Miller, aka Allergic Girl. You might check what she says.

I don't want to seem obsessed with this, but . . . -- Sneakeater, August 13, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#6 peppyre

peppyre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:30 AM

Splink, I was also thinking of starting a gluten free thread, but then i figured, I was probably the only one currently torturing myself. I am so glad I'm not alone.

#7 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

i cannot fully commit to the concept until i find satifying recipes for waffles, chocolate cake, and breakfast bread

~Jack Handey

#8 flyfish

flyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

Chocolate cake is no big - many good flourless chocolate cake recipes exist and are delicious. The key is to making sure your accompanying ingredients are also gluten free.

Bread - well... not so much luck there, unless you purchase a breadmaker that has a gluten free cycle (and there are a few out there now), it can be a pain.

Here are some russippees including waffles methinks:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

I used to be eye candy but now Im more like eye pickle"
Neil Innes

Your father is going deaf. I cant hear a word he says!
My mom

I hope to set an example, you know, for children and stuff."
Captain Hammer

#9 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

i'm thinking i could premake my own dry mixes for the best waffles, cake and bread. i think my zojirushi breadmaker might have a glutenfree setting. now, i just have to figure out where it's packed

~Jack Handey

#10 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:12 PM

Am I correct in thinking that gluten allergies cause intestinal issues, rather than bizarre rashes which leave the dermatologists scratching their heads?

Just so I can eliminate that category.

TIA.
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#11 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(ghostrider @ Oct 30 2009, 12:12 PM) View Post
Am I correct in thinking that gluten allergies cause intestinal issues, rather than bizarre rashes which leave the dermatologists scratching their heads?

TIA.

it can cause both my darling, and thus my gluten free experiment.

eta: and what is it with dermatologists who can't come up with an answer and try to make you feel guilty for getting a mystery rash?

~Jack Handey

#12 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(splinky @ Oct 30 2009, 12:17 PM) View Post

TIA.

eta: and what is it with dermatologists who can't come up with an answer and try to make you feel guilty for getting a mystery rash?

Interesting.

New allergies can crop up at any time of life, I hear. It's all very odd.

At least the dermatologists were able to rule out shingles & cancer, so that's something.

Sorry, I'm kind of hijacking your thread here.
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#13 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(ghostrider @ Oct 30 2009, 12:22 PM) View Post
QUOTE(splinky @ Oct 30 2009, 12:17 PM) View Post

TIA.

Interesting.

New allergies can crop up at any time of life, I hear. It's all very odd.

At least the dermatologists were able to rule out shingles & cancer, so that's something.

Sorry, I'm kind of hijacking your thread here.

what am i gonna do? delete my previous posts in a proprietary rage? we might as well pool our information and support one another.
i have a big hole in my arm from last week's biopsy of my rash, so i totally sympathize. apparently, all food is lethal.

~Jack Handey

#14 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,748 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

has anyone tried cherrybrook box mixes?

~Jack Handey

#15 Blondie

Blondie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(splinky @ Oct 30 2009, 12:31 PM) View Post
i have a big hole in my arm from last week's biopsy of my rash, so i totally sympathize. apparently, all food is lethal.

Oh splinky, dear sad.gif
BlondieNY.com