228 replies to this topic

#211 porkwah

porkwah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

i was going to get the 4g version, but that was when i thought that 4g was its mass.

ABCDEFGHIJKLNMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

bob marleycorn must die 

this food left intentionally bland

and i swear that i don't have a pun

originality is a bitter

#212 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

i was going to get the 4g version, but that was when i thought that 4g was its mass.

It's actually constantly accelerating at 4g.
Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.

#213 FoodDabbler

FoodDabbler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

It's actually constantly accelerating at 4g.

I always understood it to have something to do with gluons.

#214 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,615 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

so, i have an ipad loaner from the college for a couple of months. why am i supposed to love this thing again?

my annoying opinions: untimely whisky reviews and occasional cultural commentary

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#215 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,676 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Details of the iWatch have been leaked.

iwatch.jpg

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#216 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

My employer has suddenly decided to go all 21st century and give us iPads.  I received mine today.  What do I do with it? I'm still trying to master the Blackberry they gave me in November.

Help! (i'm such a luddite)

Future Legacy Participant.

#217 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,751 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

My employer has suddenly decided to go all 21st century and give us iPads.  I received mine today.  What do I do with it? I'm still trying to master the Blackberry they gave me in November.

Help! (i'm such a luddite)

make them order you subscriptions for the list of online periodicals that i will pm you shortly and then give me the passwords, also download solitaire and bejeweled

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#218 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Actually I have a web browser question related to MF - if I read multiple page thread and I want to get back to the list of threads, how do I do this without clicking the back button multiple times? is there a way to drop down a menu of the pages visited and clicking on the one I want?

#219 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,114 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Try right clicking on the back button.

I never said that

#220 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,676 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

You could also create a bookmark that takes you to the New Content screen.  Put it in your bookmarks Toolbar so it's always on screen.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#221 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,114 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

You could also create a bookmark that takes you to the New Content screen.  Put it in your bookmarks Toolbar so it's always on screen.

Or just make the icon on your home screen, no?  

#222 bloviatrix

bloviatrix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Actually I have a web browser question related to MF - if I read multiple page thread and I want to get back to the list of threads, how do I do this without clicking the back button multiple times? is there a way to drop down a menu of the pages visited and clicking on the one I want?

Are we talking about for the iPad? or in general?  I know how to right click on arrow.  It's the going back on the iPad that's giving me problems.

#223 porkwah

porkwah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

hold it down while clicking on it?

ABCDEFGHIJKLNMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

bob marleycorn must die 

this food left intentionally bland

and i swear that i don't have a pun

originality is a bitter

#224 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,751 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Are we talking about for the iPad? or in general?  I know how to right click on arrow.  It's the going back on the iPad that's giving me problems.

so you want to know for the ipad, right? and is this for safari browser or using the invision app? in safari browser using the mobile version i touch on a blue square with 4 small white squares button on the upper right side of the screen when you touch that you get a new pictograph menu and one of the options lets you choose new content

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#225 cstuart

cstuart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

A long touch on the back button will pull up a list of your history. Lex' suggestion upthread is another way: create a bookmark from the new content page and then it's two clicks (the bookmarks icon and then the new content bookmark).