26 replies to this topic

#1 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:13 AM

Wouldn't you rather be a happy basketweaver than a miserable....wretch?
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#2 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,543 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:31 AM

We must cultivate our garden.

I got that gin in my system
Somebody's gon' be my victim.

Big Freedia

#3 Rose

Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:34 AM

Wouldn't you rather be a happy basketweaver than a miserable....wretch?

Why does that have to be my choices?
curb your god

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. (Voltaire)

One is often told that it is very wrong to attack religion because religion makes men virtuous. So I am told; I have not noticed it. (Bertrand Russell)

Believing there is no god gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O, and all things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have. (Penn Jillette)

CERES GALLERY

#4 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:36 AM

Does you speak English?
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#5 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:37 AM

We must cultivate our garden.

Methinks your garden is, uh, hydroponic.

#6 Rose

Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:38 AM

Why does they have to be my choices ? :D
curb your god

One is often told that it is very wrong to attack religion because religion makes men virtuous. So I am told; I have not noticed it. (Bertrand Russell)

Believing there is no god gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O, and all things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have. (Penn Jillette)

CERES GALLERY

#7 Rose

Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:39 AM

Or..... why does those have to be mine choices?
curb your god

CERES GALLERY

#8 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:42 AM

Why does you has to choose?

#9 Rose

Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:46 AM

I dunno.....happy basketweaver/wretch......happy basketweaver/wretch.........hmmmmmm

I kent make op mine mind

I choose wretch........its what I'm used to :D
curb your god

CERES GALLERY

#10 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:49 AM

Are you a good wretch or a bad wretch?

#11 Rose

Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:52 AM

Are you a good wretch or a bad wretch?

depends

which is also the answer to the question "whats it like to have sex with an 80 year old woman?"
curb your god

CERES GALLERY

#12 ranitidine

ranitidine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:55 AM

Do you have to have gone to the University of Miami to understand this thread?
"Say not the struggle nought availeth...."
Arthur Hugh Clough, 1819-1861

Arise ye prisoners of starvation
Arise ye wretched of the earth

#13 Rose

Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:56 AM

Do you have to have gone to the University of Miami to understand this thread?

couldn't hoit
curb your god

CERES GALLERY

#14 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:57 AM

A little sunshine nevuh hoit nobody.

#15 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,969 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:07 PM

I know someone who actually makes baskets. I watched her from beginning to end one afternoon. She started by applying coppery and bronzy colors to a large sheet of paper. The design looked like an abstract expressionist painting. Then, she cut the paper into long strips, about 1/8" wide. She used the strips to weave the basket, starting with four criscrossed over and under to start the base. The finished basket was quite sturdy, about five inches wide and three inches high, very subtly colored. I kept meaning to put some dried flowers in it, but it seems to have vanished from the shelf where it used to sit.