tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(cristina @ Jul 10 2010, 12:41 PM) View Post
QUOTE(tsquare @ Jul 10 2010, 12:35 PM) View Post
Thank you! I completely missed that "Hoya" was not a greeting in a foreign language.

So when are you bringing the cutting? tongue.gif

Be careful what you say - I've never been to Mexico and M says your home is in a pretty wonderful spot (he's been to Mexico often before he met me.) How about U.S. Thanksgiving?

#17 cristina

cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:46 AM

Great timing, and you will absolutely love Morelia. When you get things firmed up, keep me posted. This part of Mexico will completely blow your mind--it bears no resemblance to the stereotypical desert/guy leaning up against cactus image. Tall green mountains, European-style city, beauty everywhere...oh, you will love it. And the food: *swoon*.

Wrap the cutting in damp paper towels, then in a plastic bag. laugh.gif
Mexico Cooks!

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

#18 cristina

cristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Update to this old thread: she did bring the cutting. I planted it immediately. This plant is very, very slow to take off.

Just a week before tsquare passed away, 14 months after she brought the cutting to Mexico, the little plant put out its first tiny shoot, no bigger than the head of a pin. But it's growing at last, and I told her first.
Mexico Cooks!

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

#19 peppyre

peppyre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,214 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

Update to this old thread: she did bring the cutting. I planted it immediately. This plant is very, very slow to take off.

Just a week before tsquare passed away, 14 months after she brought the cutting to Mexico, the little plant put out its first tiny shoot, no bigger than the head of a pin. But it's growing at last, and I told her first.

This brought me to tears. Thank you for posting that.

#20 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

Me too, damn it.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#21 flyfish

flyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Wonderful.
I used to be eye candy but now Im more like eye pickle"
Neil Innes

Your father is going deaf. I cant hear a word he says!
My mom

I hope to set an example, you know, for children and stuff."
Captain Hammer

#22 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm not sure where to put this. . . It's about a woman who's having trouble identifying these plants in her home. Do I put this in "things that make you laugh". . . "dingbat of the day". . . or gardening. . .

It's a clip from a local radio station's gardening show. It can be a bit difficult to hear, especially with the djs laughing, but it's worth giving it a listen.