875 replies to this topic

#46 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,175 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

I for one am disappointed that Benno isn't doing something fancier, but I will try it anyways.

He's gunning to be the next Andrew Carmellini.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#47 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Exactly.

#48 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,919 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

But you'll notice that (unlike Lincoln) nobody's named a car after Kennedy.

But there is a car accessory named after him.
And a form of car thievery.

the people who flock to dine at the restaurant on account of its reputation/stars are getting their money's worth because what they are after is a piece of the reputation/stars and nothing else. their money is not wasted. -- mongo jones, 11/5/2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#49 changeup

changeup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

I for one am disappointed that Benno isn't doing something fancier, but I will try it anyways.

He's gunning to be the next Andrew Carmellini.

I don't understand. Where along the lines did high-end Italian from a 3 starred Michelin Chef turn into Locanda Verde? Did I miss something?

#50 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70,017 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

Ooh, silly me.

#51 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,175 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

I don't understand. Where along the lines did high-end Italian from a 3 starred Michelin Chef turn into Locanda Verde? Did I miss something?

Given the location, purpose, and ownership of this place, I will be very surprised if it's more high-end than A Voce, no matter how many Michelin stars per se has.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#52 wingding

wingding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

Maybe Lincolna would be more Italian...but speaking of Lincoln,with a mind twisted by Shirley Ellis at a young age,and too many days of late spent in a hot kitchen....Lincoln Lincoln bo Binckon,Banana Fanna fo Finkoln,me my mo Mincoln,Lincoln.
G*d is in the details...

#53 ulterior epicure

ulterior epicure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

Maybe Lincolna would be more Italian...but speaking of Lincoln,with a mind twisted by Shirley Ellis at a young age,and too many days of late spent in a hot kitchen....Lincoln Lincoln bo Binckon,Banana Fanna fo Finkoln,me my mo Mincoln,Lincoln.

Can't breath. Laughing too hard.
“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.” – Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

the ulterior epicure

#54 ulterior epicure

ulterior epicure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

Can't breath. Laughing too hard.

Still laughing.

(Wouldn't "Lincolnia" be even more Italian? Or, "Lincolno?")
“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.” – Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

the ulterior epicure

#55 ulterior epicure

ulterior epicure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

BTW: I'm trying to figure out how to merge in the new system. Not that I merged well under the old. But I'm trying.

ETA: sonofabitch,* it worked!

Many thanks, Suzanne F! Sorry for my thoughtlessness. Had I been smart enough, I would have just requested a retitling instead of making you go through the rigmarole [but, hey, you got to give the new site's back-end a whirl(hold the gutter jokes), right?]. I just pray I won't have to serve time in the seventh circle of user hell for my sins.

the ulterior epicure

#56 changeup

changeup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

Given the location, purpose, and ownership of this place, I will be very surprised if it's more high-end than A Voce, no matter how many Michelin stars per se has.

Ah, the A Voce version of Carmelini - makes much more sense now.

I will still take the "over" on A Voce however :-)

#57 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,919 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:34 AM

BTW: I'm trying to figure out how to merge in the new system. Not that I merged well under the old. But I'm trying.

ETA: sonofabitch,* it worked!

Many thanks, Suzanne F! Sorry for my thoughtlessness. Had I been smart enough, I would have just requested a retitling instead of making you go through the rigmarole [but, hey, you got to give the new site's back-end a whirl(hold the gutter jokes), right?]. I just pray I won't have to serve time in the seventh circle of user hell for my sins.

Oh, no, I still love you. It was easier than I expected, once I remembered which is the receiving thread.

All I have to say about the restaurant is: What sort of deal did they have to cut with Restaurant Associates, who I thought had a lock on all foodservice at LCPA. (Except for Juilliard/School of American Ballet, which had [gag, even though I worked for them] Aramark.)

the people who flock to dine at the restaurant on account of its reputation/stars are getting their money's worth because what they are after is a piece of the reputation/stars and nothing else. their money is not wasted. -- mongo jones, 11/5/2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#58 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,175 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:14 AM

Oh, no, I still love you. It was easier than I expected, once I remembered which is the receiving thread.

MUST RESIST.

MUST RESIST.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#59 ulterior epicure

ulterior epicure

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

MUST RESIST.

MUST RESIST.

The refrain of this chorus is too much for me to bear. Here's some more fodder for your fugue, Sneak: I saw this just before turning out the lights last night and found myself giggling in the dark for the better half of an hour.

the ulterior epicure

#60 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,175 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

That's OK. I'm still laughing at "Ha. Douchebag thinks it's a moose" from last week.
Bar Loser

MF Old