#1 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

Coming soon!

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#2 TaliesinNYC

TaliesinNYC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:58 PM

Anyone want to place any bets as to how long this will last?

#3 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:02 AM

He's getting more persistent. He stayed at Devi for six (?) years. I think his longest stay anywhere else was about a year. (This is to imply no criticism of Hemant.)
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#4 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,000 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

Anyone want to place any bets as to how long this will last?

24 Hours

(Most people would be too proud to make this joke.)

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#5 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

I am equally interested in these places mentioned in the article. Thanks for the link splink!

Junoon, at 27 West 24th Street, will focus on cooking methods like tandoor grilling and clay-pot simmering. The kitchen will be directed by Vikas Khanna, and the place is owned by Rajesh Bhardwaj, who has been affiliated with Cafe Spice. Representatives say it's aiming for a September or October opening.

And finally, East India Tea Company is a new project from Peter Beck, of Tamarind. Located at 101 Lexington Avenue, the restaurant is modeled after Calcutta snack shops, plus Anglo-Indian accents, like a tea garden. Look for it in September.

It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#6 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

more

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,225 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:34 AM

Rolling carts... That sounds fun.. The place is going to be very close to the place i first met him and ate his food.. Too bad, I use to live down the street from 211 east 46th.. Think the guy is so sweet and a wonderful cook.. Can't wait to check it out. Hopefully the UN Crowd will help him out..
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#8 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,163 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

Anyone heard anything?

This space available… contact owner.

#9 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

Anyone heard anything?

Soon but probably not until after the new year. I see hem ant I'll ask him.

~Jack Handey

#10 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,000 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

Opens this Monday, January 10th. (That link has a menu.) At first glance the price point seems higher than Devi.

Tulsi, 211 East 46th Street, (212) 888-0280.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#11 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,171 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

Opens this Monday, January 10th. (That link has a menu.) At first glance the price point seems higher than Devi.

i was just about to post. they are also on opentable

~Jack Handey

#12 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Not a very promising location but the menu looks good.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#13 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,351 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Prices look exactly the same.
I never said that

#14 changeup

changeup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

Tandoor Tofu, Mozz Samosa, Stuffed Papadum, Semolina Crusted Curry Monkfish, Savory Banana Dumplings Stuffed with figs & cashews, naan sealed biryani?

Makes me want to eat there just to figure out what this stuff winds up looking like. I think that means I'm officially looking forward to this restaurant.

#15 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

That menu really does read well.