#1 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,731 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

Coming soon!

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#2 TaliesinNYC

TaliesinNYC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:58 PM

Anyone want to place any bets as to how long this will last?

#3 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:02 AM

He's getting more persistent. He stayed at Devi for six (?) years. I think his longest stay anywhere else was about a year. (This is to imply no criticism of Hemant.)
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#4 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

Anyone want to place any bets as to how long this will last?

24 Hours

(Most people would be too proud to make this joke.)

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"Why can't a horse fuck another horse and then race a few days later? Sort of like a boxer." - Joethefoodie

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#5 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

I am equally interested in these places mentioned in the article. Thanks for the link splink!

Junoon, at 27 West 24th Street, will focus on cooking methods like tandoor grilling and clay-pot simmering. The kitchen will be directed by Vikas Khanna, and the place is owned by Rajesh Bhardwaj, who has been affiliated with Cafe Spice. Representatives say it's aiming for a September or October opening.

And finally, East India Tea Company is a new project from Peter Beck, of Tamarind. Located at 101 Lexington Avenue, the restaurant is modeled after Calcutta snack shops, plus Anglo-Indian accents, like a tea garden. Look for it in September.

It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#6 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,731 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

more

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:34 AM

Rolling carts... That sounds fun.. The place is going to be very close to the place i first met him and ate his food.. Too bad, I use to live down the street from 211 east 46th.. Think the guy is so sweet and a wonderful cook.. Can't wait to check it out. Hopefully the UN Crowd will help him out..
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#8 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

Anyone heard anything?

This space available… contact owner.

#9 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,731 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

Anyone heard anything?

Soon but probably not until after the new year. I see hem ant I'll ask him.

~Jack Handey

#10 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,715 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

Opens this Monday, January 10th. (That link has a menu.) At first glance the price point seems higher than Devi.

Tulsi, 211 East 46th Street, (212) 888-0280.

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"Why can't a horse fuck another horse and then race a few days later? Sort of like a boxer." - Joethefoodie

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#11 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,731 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

Opens this Monday, January 10th. (That link has a menu.) At first glance the price point seems higher than Devi.

i was just about to post. they are also on opentable

~Jack Handey

#12 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Not a very promising location but the menu looks good.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#13 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,110 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Prices look exactly the same.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#14 changeup

changeup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

Tandoor Tofu, Mozz Samosa, Stuffed Papadum, Semolina Crusted Curry Monkfish, Savory Banana Dumplings Stuffed with figs & cashews, naan sealed biryani?

Makes me want to eat there just to figure out what this stuff winds up looking like. I think that means I'm officially looking forward to this restaurant.

#15 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

That menu really does read well.