4 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,118 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

Caldwell Patch reports on a new restaurant at 771 Bloomfield Avenue in West Caldwell. I may check it out this week, if time permits.

Feeding Customers in Vein

"It" is a nutrition theory of aligning food intake along one's blood type. For example, a type "A" would be best advised to ingest more vegetables and fish; a "B" should dine more on lighter meats like lamb and turkey and egg dishes like frittatas and omelets.

"I opened with exactly one client ... I now have over 50," Michael said about his business at Body Sculptors.

Clients started asking if he would not just create diets to follow, but actually provide the food as well. A dream was born.

"I drove all over, looking for a place," he recalled.

When the Mr. Chu Vegetarian restaurant closed, a Realtor suggested the location. When doing a walkthrough, Michael couldn't believe his eyes.

"I was so excited, but I tried to contain myself in front of the Realtor," he laughed.

The space was great, and the basics were in place, including a kitchen. It was basically across the street from his training business, to boot.

Over the summer, he partitioned the front to create a new dining room, installed some diet consulting offices, and upgraded the kitchen equipment. Then, he decorated the whole place in a light, subtle Asian theme. Finally, a new colorful sign went up outside–"Did you see it?"

It's Friday night, and Organic 4 Life is serving a steady stream of customers. It's a mix of types (pun intended), an older couple, a younger couple.

I get seated in one of the booths and check out the overall menu. It's actually four double-sided pages, each identified by letters ordinarily used for identification in a blood bank: A, AB, B and O.

Each page contains breakfast, lunch and dinner items (all are available anytime, right now) listed by name and a letter/number system (sautéed tofu = "AB-20").

Blood

Website

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 marauder

marauder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:17 AM

Caldwell Patch reports on a new restaurant at 771 Bloomfield Avenue in West Caldwell. I may check it out this week, if time permits.

Feeding Customers in Vein

"It" is a nutrition theory of aligning food intake along one's blood type. For example, a type "A" would be best advised to ingest more vegetables and fish; a "B" should dine more on lighter meats like lamb and turkey and egg dishes like frittatas and omelets.

"I opened with exactly one client ... I now have over 50," Michael said about his business at Body Sculptors.

Clients started asking if he would not just create diets to follow, but actually provide the food as well. A dream was born.

"I drove all over, looking for a place," he recalled.

When the Mr. Chu Vegetarian restaurant closed, a Realtor suggested the location. When doing a walkthrough, Michael couldn't believe his eyes.

"I was so excited, but I tried to contain myself in front of the Realtor," he laughed.

The space was great, and the basics were in place, including a kitchen. It was basically across the street from his training business, to boot.

Over the summer, he partitioned the front to create a new dining room, installed some diet consulting offices, and upgraded the kitchen equipment. Then, he decorated the whole place in a light, subtle Asian theme. Finally, a new colorful sign went up outside–"Did you see it?"

It's Friday night, and Organic 4 Life is serving a steady stream of customers. It's a mix of types (pun intended), an older couple, a younger couple.

I get seated in one of the booths and check out the overall menu. It's actually four double-sided pages, each identified by letters ordinarily used for identification in a blood bank: A, AB, B and O.

Each page contains breakfast, lunch and dinner items (all are available anytime, right now) listed by name and a letter/number system (sautéed tofu = "AB-20").

Blood

Website

You should have seen their ad on craigslist for a chef...interesting is an understatement.

#3 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,118 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Organic4Life has closed the West Caldwell store, and plans to open a new store in Caldwell, a few doors from Hog Wild bbq. It's the former HK dollar store, adjacent to Domino

I walked by the other day, and work is underway to create interior spaces, counseling rooms, etc. No idea when the place will open, although I didn't see a kitchen area.

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#4 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,938 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

curious that the owner doesn't cite the book on which his menu is based. my best guess is that he is working from, "eat right for your type: the individualized diet solution to staying healthy, living longer & achieving your ideal weight" by peter j. d'adamo, nd

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#5 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,118 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

The relocated Organic 4 Life should be opening at 401 Bloomfield Avenue in Caldwell very soon, according to the Caldwells Patch. The body sculpting studio will be nearby. I walked past earlier this week, and the place didn't look quite ready to open, so maybe I'll walk up today and check it out.

Organic 4 Life

...Jonathan Waxman