31 replies to this topic

#1 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Apocolypse + zombies + good character development = Abby in heaven. I'm really liking it so far, is anyone else watching this?
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#2 Maison Rustique

Maison Rustique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

We watched the first two episodes. It was much too graphic for me and after the first one, I had nightmares. I guess I'm just a big baby. :(
Deb
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.

#3 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

Took a couple of episodes, but I'm actually enjoying it....just not while eating dinner ;)
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#4 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

I'm two episodes in. I'll give it one more to decide. It's far too gross for me (for a television show) and none of the characters have caught my interest yet. At this point, they can all die as far as I'm concerned!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#5 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

i've enjoyed watching but wish the season was longer.

#6 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:15 PM

I ended up watching 4 episodes before deciding to dump it from Tivo. I found myself rolling my eyes at the over-the-top violence and I never connected with any of the characters.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#7 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,768 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:47 AM

Kind of like 24. It couldn't be possible that the only survivors of a world-wide epidemic are complete morons who will always do the stupidest thing possible.

And she was.

#8 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:53 PM

Well yes you have to expect that or there'd be no story. They couldn't be smart and just find a zombie free area and live out their days happily living off the land.

What annoys me is that all of the survivors seem to know each other. 99.9% of the world is dead or zombified but all these inter-connected survivors were lucky enough to be in the right place in the right time.

#9 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,768 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

Well, they could have found writers who could create conflicts and plot-lines that weren't so moronic.

And she was.

#10 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Ouch! Well I'll save you some time - don't read the comic on which the moronic plot was based.

#11 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:05 PM

We've only just started watching it. I very rarely watch anything with zombies in it, but I think this show is really well done. The characterization, dialogue, plots, cinematography all very good.

I'm a bit of fan of Andrew Lincoln (of Teachers fame on BBC) and he's got the American accent down I think.

The Walking Dead, Sundays, 9PM, AMC.
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#12 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,768 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

I don't know why I watch this show. I guess because even as poor as it is, it's produced fairly well. I just watched last week's episode. Nothing happened. It seems that 75% of the show are shots of people hiding from zombies or running away from zombies. Then there's about 5% with plot-dialog along the lines of "Maybe we should let our son die," and "I feel out-of-place, so I think I'll face the zombies alone". And then the 20% of people sitting or standing around doing nothing but wait (for the missing girl to show up, for the people out looking for the missing girl to show up, for the guy to get back, with supplies, for the doctor).

I don't get it. But I suspect I'll keep watching.

And she was.

#13 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,207 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I agree, I thought Season 2 was really slow but the last five minutes of the finale certainly gave me hope. Apparently Frank Darabont was fired for this reason so hopefully things will pick up under the new guy.

Of the episode last night, I didn't love it. I hate it when characters do infinitely stupid things: driving while reading a map - and why was Olive Oyl (loved THAT!) even going there?

#14 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I just learned that Norman Reedus is on this show. So I may have to take a look. I once spent a very happy few hours standing next to him at a Sonic Youth concert at Mccarren Pool and he is smokin'.
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.

#15 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,768 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Finishing up Season 2. This must be one of the worst written tv shows of all time.

And she was.