35 replies to this topic

#31 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

just switched from TWC internet to cablevision/optimum for internet only. cablevision is much faster and a little cheaper. they make you buy your own router unless you're also getting cable and phone service from cablevision.

#32 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

So, I just got call from Time Warner asking if I would sign up for tv again if they offered me cable/internet for $71/month for two years. I drop from $140/month to $71/month v. $50/month for Internet only.

I was kind of looking forward to not having tv.

And she was.

#33 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,079 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

So, I just got call from Time Warner asking if I would sign up for tv again if they offered me cable/internet for $71/month for two years. I drop from $140/month to $71/month v. $50/month for Internet only.

Time Warner is somewhat like the NY Times subscription service. If you cancel, or offer to cancel, there's always a better deal behind door number 2...

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#34 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

God that gets my goat, I'm paying the same amount ($70) for JUST basic cable. I'm cancelling.
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#35 Nathan

Nathan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,433 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Time Warner is somewhat like the NY Times subscription service. If you cancel, or offer to cancel, there's always a better deal behind door number 2...

unless you live in an apt complex where TW is the only option. Then they don't offer anything if you cancel.

I had a friend in a house who played off TW against a competitor or two and ended up with a 50% price cut and a $200 credit.
Blatantly Obvious Disclaimer:

My opinions are obviously my personal opinions. Not yours. Not universal.

#36 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

direct TV and cablevision are willing to haggle too.