1 reply to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,335 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

Art Namendorf has an article on the 70 year old cheese firm. It's grown from a 600 sf store in the Italian Market, to a Center City showcase, to a widely read website. Cheese, cured meats, bacon, sausages, etc

The heart of the website is a blog, which features interviews with their resident cheese mongers, wine and beer experts, and other foodie types. Products are referenced, and may be clicked. Recipes are available, it's all very slick

At the heart of this new website is the blog feature, which headlines posts written by several Di Bruno employees, local foodies, expert cheesemongers, and Di Bruno’s own self-proclaimed culinary pioneers, spotlighting everything from recipes to news and events, along with various deals and discounts. Thus, the online customer often learns more about the experts suggesting the products they offer than the in-store customer. Consumers can not only learn about serving suggestions, product history, pairing recommendations, etc., they can easily buy products referenced in the blog without having to maneuver around the website. This feature makes the site uniquely easy to use and sets it apart from the competition.

More than just cheese

Link to blog

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 Nancy S.

Nancy S.

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

Di Bruno's is an excellent store. When I was younger, I remember its location in the Italian Market. It's Center City location is most impressive. The variety of pastas, oils, preserves, etc., not to mention the superior quality and quantity of cheese (from all over the globe) is fabulous. Whenever I return to Philadelphia to visit my parents (who live a few blocks from the store), Di Bruno's is a daily stop.