5 replies to this topic

#1 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Going to spend a week in July in Yorkshire in a cottage near Whitby. Any good ideas for meals?
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#2 SRD

SRD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

Going to spend a week in July in Yorkshire in a cottage near Whitby. Any good ideas for meals?

It was a couple of years ago when we were last there but The Fox and Hounds at Goldsborough was superb. We were especially disappointed with Greens in Whitby, more style than substance. There are reviews on my website, just remember that the majority of the places visited weren't 'fine dining' establishments, just MOR places to eat.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a while. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

My new website: http://www.riverdale.org.uk/

#3 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Thank you! We're not looking for fine dining: just good food. Can't afford fine dining, anyway.

#4 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,876 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

It was a couple of years ago when we were last there but The Fox and Hounds at Goldsborough was superb. We were especially disappointed with Greens in Whitby, more style than substance. There are reviews on my website, just remember that the majority of the places visited weren't 'fine dining' establishments, just MOR places to eat.

Wow, where have you been all this time??
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#5 SRD

SRD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Wow, where have you been all this time??

Pure coincidence, I was looking for a contact to another long time gone member and saw foodies52 post.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a while. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

My new website: http://www.riverdale.org.uk/

#6 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Ate at Quayside in Whitby and had good fish and chips. Once a year is enough, though! Nice pickled onions.
We stayed with a friend in Glaisdale which is a tiny village in a dale. This village has the BEST butcher shop. Family owned for 60 or so years. We enjoyed steak (their own cattle), leg of lamb and house made pork pies.