38 replies to this topic

#31 OTB

OTB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

Fourth, as a New Jerseyite, I'm happy that Dino is coming here as it raises the bar. Do I wish it was Daisy May instead? Obviously...but I'll take what we can get.

Okay, not to throw sand into the ball bearings, but if you're willing to take a short trip up to Pearl River, New York, I have just been informed that Fink has returned. Literally, just got back into the biz, he's at Johnny's Smokehouse.

http://maps.google.c...ved=0CBYQnwIwAA

It's not Adagio anymore, it's a new place, literally just opened. And if anyone remembers Fink, he knows how to 'Q. He was previously at Bailey's, in Blauvelt (which is not what it used to be without him) and prior to that, Stickey's in Teaneck and before that, Fink's Funky Chicken and Ribs.
Jason Perlow
Food Blogger, OffTheBroiler.com
Sr. Technology Editor, ZDNet / CBS Interactive
My Flickr Stream: Click Here for Food Photos

#32 OTB

OTB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Dinosaur will be pretty well positioned, as it's a block from the Rock arena, and two blocks (in the other direction) from the Law Center, and from the Prudential HQ and other office buildings. The many people who walk from the Pru to the nearer Ironbound restaurants will have to pass it.

I suspect they'll do well in the local market.

No doubt.
Jason Perlow

#33 menton1

menton1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

One, your reputation as a person who is purposely confrontational precedes you. My private message inbox is a testament to that.

Yes, of course. Telling one to " go 75 blocks and try both places" is totally benign and non-confrontational, I'll try to follow your lead from now on.

#34 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,335 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Fourth, as a New Jerseyite, I'm happy that Dino is coming here as it raises the bar. Do I wish it was Daisy May instead? Obviously...but I'll take what we can get.

Okay, not to throw sand into the ball bearings, but if you're willing to take a short trip up to Pearl River, New York, I have just been informed that Fink has returned. Literally, just got back into the biz, he's at Johnny's Smokehouse.

http://maps.google.c...ved=0CBYQnwIwAA

It's not Adagio anymore, it's a new place, literally just opened. And if anyone remembers Fink, he knows how to 'Q. He was previously at Bailey's, in Blauvelt (which is not what it used to be without him) and prior to that, Stickey's in Teaneck and before that, Fink's Funky Chicken and Ribs.

That's a big time announcement, in my book.

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#35 OTB

OTB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

That's a big time announcement, in my book.

Yeah, I feel the same way. David has been dealing with some health issues the past few years (mostly his back was hurting him a lot) and did on and off catering gigs. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do at a restaurant again, and hope he can sustain it. I plan to check it out this weekend.
Jason Perlow

#36 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

A little verbal jousting can be fun, but I trust we can all discuss good and bad bbq (and sides) without being too confrontational. Play on.

I got that gin in my system
Somebody's gon' be my victim.

Big Freedia

#37 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,335 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:25 AM

Elisa Ung reports March of 2012 as the opening date for Dinosaur in Newark. 24 beers on tap.

across from the Rock

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#38 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

Late to this party. Only been to the upstate Dino. Ribs are outstanding, everything else is no better than fine (okay, they use surprisingly good tomatoes for that little tomato salad thing, which is simply but kind of really good). Brisket and pulled pork are weak. It's a good thing that there's one opening in NJ.

I think you need to interpret what I'm saying in a reasonable way.

#39 JonJacob

JonJacob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Opens May 8th.

http://www.newarkpul...nosaur-BBQ.html