24 replies to this topic

#16 Eddie L

Eddie L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

We had one of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen in quite a while. I was slow digging out the camera, so I missed getting a shot of the double rainbow. The sky was still quite vivid though.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edsel
♪ Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1929. ♫

#17 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

OK, I know officially it's autumn but it's 75F and humid as hell and everyone is still in their summer clothes. Leaves are falling off the trees, school is open, Rite Aid has an aisle devoted to Halloween candy and costumes and I just made Thanksgiving plans. Fuck off and die, summer.
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.

#18 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,160 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

OK, I know officially it's autumn but it's 75F and humid as hell and everyone is still in their summer clothes. Leaves are falling off the trees, school is open, Rite Aid has an aisle devoted to Halloween candy and costumes and I just made Thanksgiving plans. Fuck off and die, summer.

What she said!

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#19 tsquare

tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:08 AM

Rainstorm, windstorm, tomatoes have ripened, plums have been picked. Heater went on a few nights ago. Mid 60's during the day, 50 at night. Trees are starting to color. But we still have earthquakes and horrible consensus politics.

#20 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,933 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

Once again, I will be the outlier. :blush: I hope it stays warm like this until whatever date heating season starts. When we're in between and it's proper cool-to-cold fall weather, we have not heat and we freeze. Not just at night (got a warm quilt to take care of that) but during the day when we're trying to work and it gets down into the very low 60s indoors.

And, um, now that I have a short haircut, the humidity doesn't make be look like Medusa. :ph43r:

I try never to dine with other people. It just makes things so much easier. -- Anthony Bonner, March 28, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#21 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:44 AM

Rumor has it that today was our last day of triple digits for the year. We broke a lot of records, none of them pleasant. On the upside, it actually sprinkled for about 20 minutes this evening.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#22 memesuze

memesuze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Rumor has it that today was our last day of triple digits for the year. We broke a lot of records, none of them pleasant. On the upside, it actually sprinkled for about 20 minutes this evening.

Not so fast, missie, looks as though we're in for possibly Day 89 and day 90 of triple digits. Who are you to complain, you of cross-the-pond-hopping fame!!!!
"When you think about it, all of my greatest work is poop tomorrow." - Mario Batali

Even if you live to be 100, life is short.

#23 memesuze

memesuze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

Austin will be looking like San Angelo soon
Nine more years of drought on top of six of the last eight years?
"When you think about it, all of my greatest work is poop tomorrow." - Mario Batali

Even if you live to be 100, life is short.

#24 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

When I woke up at 6 and saw some of the first glimmers of sun in several days I emailed the office to say I'd be working from home, went back to sleep for a few hours and then took a nice long walk on the Highline and through the West Village. Of course now it's getting overcast again and the forecast promises rain beginning tonight until at least through Tuesday. At least it's cooled off a little, it's 76F and not as humid.
Sardines aren't for sissies.---Frank Bruni
------------------------------------------------------------
The mistake one makes is to react to what people post rather than to what they mean.---Dr. Johnson
-------------------------------------------------------------
I want to be the girl with the most cake.

#25 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

Can we start the winter thread yet? It's 10C here with strong winds (50+km/hr, but gusts of 70+km/hr). When I did my 10k walk this morning, I was told it was 4C but with the windchill, -2C. Rumour says it will snow early this week.