38 replies to this topic

#16 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,104 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

I was just kidding, it's a generic stickler who stars in a comic strip related to the errors in issue 1.
I never said that

#17 FoodDabbler

FoodDabbler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

since DC banned The Princess, way back, I refuse to have anything to do with him

How does one go about getting banned by a restaurateur?

#18 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 40,143 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

Ask Steve Plotnicki and oakapple.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#19 FoodDabbler

FoodDabbler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

I guess I also want to know what the effect is of such a ban. Are you
horsewhipped if you show up at the restaurant, or do they simply shit
in your food?

Eta: I ask because I'm envious of the banned. I feel you haven't really
made it as a person who likes food unless you've been banned somewhere.
Even on Chowhound the best I've achieved so far is frequent deletion,
but not an outright ban. Perhaps I'll have better luck here.

#20 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 40,143 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

Speaking as a current Admin, you're going to have to try a whole fucking lot harder.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#21 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,488 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

since DC banned The Princess, way back, I refuse to have anything to do with him

1. She doesn't eat meat. Not that she can't find anything to eat there--in fact, her also-non-meat-eating boyfriend finds enough to eat at DC restaurants. But in the early days of his imagined-but-not-yet empire, DC got really pissy about people wanting to eat other things than what he was pushing.

2. She and DC go to (or used to go to) the same gym, and she's in great shape. He got pissed that he was being shown up by a "girl."

So presumably if she were to show up at one of his places, she would be denied entry. Nothing more exotic.

There's no longer any cachet for having been banned from CH, as far as I'm concerned; and I was, twice, maybe 10 years ago. Or eG. Too big a crowd. :lol:

I don't want to seem obsessed with this, but . . . -- Sneakeater, August 13, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#22 cstuart

cstuart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

1. She doesn't eat meat. Not that she can't find anything to eat there--in fact, her also-non-meat-eating boyfriend finds enough to eat at DC restaurants. But in the early days of his imagined-but-not-yet empire, DC got really pissy about people wanting to eat other things than what he was pushing.

2. She and DC go to (or used to go to) the same gym, and she's in great shape. He got pissed that he was being shown up by a "girl."

So presumably if she were to show up at one of his places, she would be denied entry. Nothing more exotic.

There's no longer any cachet for having been banned from CH, as far as I'm concerned; and I was, twice, maybe 10 years ago. Or eG. Too big a crowd. :lol:

Really? I find that really hard to believe.

#23 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,104 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I never said that

#24 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,488 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Really? I find that really hard to believe.

Because you've never seen The Princess, or because it seems so out of character for DC? :P

I don't want to seem obsessed with this, but . . . -- Sneakeater, August 13, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#25 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,599 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

I can attest to The Princess's crazy fitness.

#26 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 40,143 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

I assume you mean by that that she's crazily fit, not prone to crazy fits.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#27 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,104 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Now I understand - wasn't there a poster of McEnroe @ Ssam with a note saying "You must not be this fit to enter."? That, together with the fact that they weren't making steamed broccoli certainly constitutes a ban.
I never said that

#28 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,599 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I assume you mean by that that she's crazily fit, not prone to crazy fits.

The former, certainly. Hopefully not the latter.

#29 cstuart

cstuart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Ya, what I find hard to believe is the "ban" and the supposed reasons behind it. (Orik understands)

#30 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,572 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

I've seen people banned from Ssam. Believe me - you know if you've been banned.
Why not mayo?