5 replies to this topic

#1 Nancy S.

Nancy S.

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

Simon Rogan of L'Eclume is opening a two-year "pop-up" in London on June 25. I have a reservation for the beginning of July and will report back.

#2 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69,010 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

Wow, that's an extended pop up. A lot of permanent restaurants in New York close in six months. :lol:

#3 Nancy S.

Nancy S.

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

I read that Simon Rogan agreed that it might be a bit absurd calling it a pop-up, but, as I understand, he is taking over a lease that extends for two years. I imagine though that the term "pop-up", even in this context, adds value.

#4 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:58 PM

this was one of my fav places in London recently. we went for a 3 course lunch and it was fantastic!!! strange there were only 4 tables occupied at lunch. thanks for the head's up on this Nancy!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#5 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

Heads up seems strangely appropriate, since this restaurant's name sounds like Rogaine.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#6 Nancy S.

Nancy S.

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

this was one of my fav places in London recently. we went for a 3 course lunch and it was fantastic!!! strange there were only 4 tables occupied at lunch. thanks for the head's up on this Nancy!

I'm so glad. I want to return before the end of their run. Did you get to meet the chef, Ben Spalding. He's lovely.