#17 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

All the way, baby.

yee haw!! double-J gettin' it done for Americas Team. Romo.is.a.star.

Whomever pops up gets the wildcard between the Gints and 'Boys. Eagles win assuming no injuries.

Let the John Beck era begin in our nations capital.
Why not mayo?

#18 memesuze

memesuze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

this is your brain after football
"When you think about it, all of my greatest work is poop tomorrow." - Mario Batali

Even if you live to be 100, life is short.

#19 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Sure, next you'll be crying about Gulf War Syndrome.

And she was.

#20 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

I think both the Cowboys and Giants have a shot of beating the Eagles, who will have to start Vince Young a few times. None of the NFC East teams are good enough to get through the Packers or the 3 good teams in the NFC South. I don't think either wildcard team will come from the east.

I can't believe they're going to start John Beck.

#21 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:33 PM

I think both the Cowboys and Giants have a shot of beating the Eagles, who will have to start Vince Young a few times. None of the NFC East teams are good enough to get through the Packers or the 3 good teams in the NFC South. I don't think either wildcard team will come from the east.

I can't believe they're going to start John Beck.

I don't buy the Falcons as a top-tier team. They won a few games in flukey ways last year. And if you look at the data they had middle of the pack offenses and defenses and superb special teams - and special teams tend to mean revert more so than the other two. I think they are much closer to the 9-7 record they put up in '09. I mean they are better than average, but I don't think they are better than the Giants or especially the Eagles.

NO is about what defense shows up - I love the Sproles or Bush swap tho.

Tampa Bay is probably going to be monsterous in a year or two unless they screw things up somehow.

Green Bay Green Bay Green Bay? Am I the only person who remembers they were a few points away from being eliminated from the playoffs before xmas?

I think the NFC is wide open. Doesn't mean I think the Giants have a shot, because I don't. Linebacking corps is still horrific. I'm ready to ask Harry Carson to throw a set of pads on.
Why not mayo?

#22 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,228 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

I am very unhappy that the Jets let Cotchery walk away. Reportedly, the 29 Cotchery will be replaced by Derrick Mason, a 36 year old ex Raven. That's just stupid. Cotchery was a great possession receiver. Not a star but the type of complementary player that you need to go deep into the playoffs. It's a major loss.

In other news, the 34 year old Plaxico Burress is already missing practices because he hurt his ankle. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"Sorry about your cookie." - Steve R.'s response to Jim Leff's epic rant.

#23 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

I am very unhappy that the Jets let Cotchery walk away. Reportedly, the 29 Cotchery will be replaced by Derrick Mason, a 36 year old ex Raven. That's just stupid. Cotchery was a great possession receiver. Not a star but the type of complementary player that you need to go deep into the playoffs. It's a major loss.

In other news, the 34 year old Plaxico Burress is already missing practices because he hurt his ankle. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

you don't pay possession receivers in the NFL tho, that's why they let him go. It's a smart move.
Why not mayo?

#24 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,228 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

Deion Sanders is being inducted into the Hall of Fame today. During his 14 year career he played in Atlanta, San Francisco, Dallas, Washington, and Baltimore.

I rarely saw him play when he was with Atlanta. It was a mediocre team that rarely showed up on national TV. He was good in SF and his first year or two in Dallas. Then he began to suck. His coverage skills were never great - he made up for that with great speed. When he began to slow down his faults became apparent.

Great older corners who lose a step make up for it by anticipating where the receiver will go. Deion, on the other hand, had no fucking idea. He compensated by shamelessly holding the receivers. These weren't the subtle holds employed by wily veterans. No, these were flagrant grabs that could be seen by everybody in the stadium except the refs and the TV commentators. I'm firmly convinced that they were instructed by the league and the networks to go easy on Deion because they thought he was good for TV ratings. Those non-calls were disgraceful.

Out of a 14 year career he was good for 7.

#25 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

Deion Sanders is being inducted into the Hall of Fame today. During his 14 year career he played in Atlanta, San Francisco, Dallas, Washington, and Baltimore.

I rarely saw him play when he was with Atlanta. It was a mediocre team that rarely showed up on national TV. He was good in SF and his first year or two in Dallas. Then he began to suck. His coverage skills were never great - he made up for that with great speed. When he began to slow down his faults became apparent.

Great older corners who lose a step make up for it by anticipating where the receiver will go. Deion, on the other hand, had no fucking idea. He compensated by shamelessly holding the receivers. These weren't the subtle holds employed by wily veterans. No, these were flagrant grabs that could be seen by everybody in the stadium except the refs and the TV commentators. I'm firmly convinced that they were instructed by the league and the networks to go easy on Deion because they thought he was good for TV ratings. Those non-calls were disgraceful.

Lex this is the craziest thing you've ever written. He's considered the greatest cover corner who ever played. Truly a terrible run defender, but coverage wise who was better.
Why not mayo?

#26 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,228 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

I can't believe you didn't notice all the holding he did in the 2nd half of his career.He was a great cover corner for about 7 years. Then he moved on to grabbing receivers and rarely got called for it. Seven great years, seven mediocre ones.

I'll take Darrell Green over Deion Sanders any day. Unlike Sanders, he was still great in the 2nd half of his career.

#27 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,022 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

this is a sign of things to come.

I got that gin in my system
Somebody's gon' be my victim.

Big Freedia

#28 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

fuck fuck fuck. Giants first round pick broke his foot on his first day of practice.

Lex - Deion's real career was 89-2000 - you have to forget about his 04-05 comeback. He was first team all-pro six of this years 92-99 - so I don't think his peers thought he was a cheat. He was the '94 defensive player of the year. The only other corner to do that was Charles Woodson, and he's a first ballot guy. (I'd also add the Woodson is a better corner because he's tremendous in run support - so think about that - Deion won as a guy who just locked down receivers)

Comparing him to Darrell Green is like comparing LT to Reggie White. Tremendous players. Again, Deion one dimensional, Green better all around.

ETA:Rod Woodson was still playing corner in '93 when he won, but again first ballot guy - who was such a good tackler he was able to extend his career by moving over to safety.
Why not mayo?

#29 cstuart

cstuart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

This is possibly the dumbest thing I've seen written about the NFL. Thanks for the laugh.

#30 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,228 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

If you thought that Sanders was a great corner the last couple of years he was playing in Dallas you were smoking crack. All you needed to do was to use your eyes instead of listening to the commentators tell you how great he was.