33 replies to this topic

#31 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,442 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

Sonos is a whole-house, wireless music system that connects to the computer(s) in your house where your music library is stored to make it available to all of the various "zones" in your house.

I almost bought a Sonos, because it integrates seamlessly into my Peachtree Nova. But I remembered that I only have one room.

#32 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

Sonos is a whole-house, wireless music system that connects to the computer(s) in your house where your music library is stored to make it available to all of the various "zones" in your house.

I almost bought a Sonos, because it integrates seamlessly into my Peachtree Nova. But I remembered that I only have one room.

We have a Peachtree iDecco in the living room. We never use the iPod dock feature in the iDecco but got a much better deal on it than what the Nova would have cost. I would say the Sonos is still worth it even with one room. Optical output from Sonos into the Nova is absolutely the way to go. Get a Sonos Zone90 (unpowered output) and use your iPad for control. I would consider the Sonos iPod dock as well if you want the ability to have friends drop their iPods into your system and play something that you want to hear.
Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.

#33 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,442 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

I upgraded from the Decco to the Nova for the added inputs. I've got my Airport Express (optical, iTunes streaming), Blu-Ray, PSIII, turntable and cable (when I had cable) going through the Nova. They all sound great (to me, but my ears are a little worse for wear).

#34 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

The software interface is far superior to iTunes. Integration with music services (MOG, Spotify, Pandora, Last.fm), satellite radio, internet radio, podcasts all from one interface. Plus the queue-based player allows you to continuously add to your music stream from your library (tracks or albums), playlists, or tracks/albums from a music service. And you can save the queue as a playlist if you like it (including the music service tracks).

iTunes is a great music store. I just think that they interface for playing music isn't the best.

Because you have a system that works, it's hard to say if a superior interface is worth ~$300.
Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.