4 replies to this topic

#1 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

So you know how dentists nowadays jam a little metal spike between your teeth and gums and then chide you for having gaps between your teeth and gums? I was at the dentist and two of the 90 jabs rated a "5". According to the drug company's scale, this means that I'm at risk for having an infection at this site. Despite the fact that I've got no pain, swelling, inflammation, pus, gaseous discharge or other malady. Yet the dentist still wanted to treat the site with Arestin. I told her I'd consider it.

Any thoughts?

Adrian -- You're a dentist, aren't you?

And she was.

#2 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

Scam. Also, you're the only one who's getting that spike jammed between your teeth.
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#3 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,957 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

Really? Do you all take your clothes off at the dentist?

And she was.

#4 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,426 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

The problem is that the same dentist-ish person is going to do the stabbing in 6 months time, how are you going to know if things have improved?

I did this once and it seemed to help temporarily but I can't really figure out how it's supposed to work in the long term. I mean, aren't the same nasty little buggers just going to come back?

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#5 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,336 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

Really? Do you all take your clothes off at the dentist?

you got the complimentary prostate exam with your arestin, right?

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*