#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,238 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

Eater, NY:

Hey Slice'rs—no big news to break here. We told you back in last July that Dom DeMarco Jr., son of the legendary pizzaman at Brooklyn's Di Fara, was planning to open a chain of pizzerias in Las Vegas.

That plan is finally starting to come to fruition and we've got a few pictures of the first location in progress.

Just a quick recap: Dom Jr. has teamed up with the team of Albert Scalleat and Jeff LaPour, a couple of real estate developers who have owned pizzerias since 1968. It wasn't until reading bossman Ed's book Pizza: A Slice of Heaven that they realized they were missing out on some of the greatest pizzerias in the country, including Di Fara. Since then, they've worked with both of the Doms to figure out a way to get the famous Brooklyn pizza out of Brooklyn and into... Las Vegas. Incidentally, they are not involved with Tagliare, the Dom DeMarco Jr.-run LaGuardia airport Di Fara spin-off.

Pizza

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:55 AM

Guess he's going for the local business...it's a long way from the Strip...but, very close for me.

#3 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,238 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

There's a follow up article in the west coast version of Eater.

A water treatment system will duplicate Brooklyn water (eau de Gowanus?), and the ingredients will be the same as used in Brooklyn

Dom DeMarco’s Pizzeria & Bar is located at 9785 West Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV in the Summerlin-area. Our phone number is 702-570-7000. For more information on operating hours, menus and special events keep up with us at Facebook.com/DomDemarcosPizza and @DomDeMarcos or online at DomDemarcos.com.

Pizza

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#4 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

The "secret" pizza place in The Cosmopolitan makes a good slice.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#5 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Obama's traveling party ordered takeout from DeMarco's while they were in town last night.

#6 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,205 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

Obama's traveling party ordered takeout from DeMarco's while they were in town last night.

wow, they are still really hanging on to that hope thing, aren't they?

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#7 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,238 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

The LV Sun has some coverage on that...

President Obama, who arrived in Las Vegas late Wednesday afternoon and was greeted by Mayor Carolyn Goodman at McCarran Airport, stayed at the Element Hotel in Summerlin on Wednesday night. The president ordered 12 pizzas and cannolis from Dom DeMarco’s Pizzeria & Bar for his staff and himself.

They took the cannoli

...Jonathan Waxman