1 reply to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,199 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

NorthJersey.com of Hackensack NJ has a short piece on a new cookbook. The original appeared in the Clifton weekly.

I have no experience with the book or the series in which it fits (32 previous books) but selling 15,000 book in 14 minutes on QVC sounds like a huge accomplishment.

This new cookbook contains recipes that feature fruits and vegetables as the main ingredients and celebrates that time of year when the tomatoes are red, ripe and juicy, the okra is tender, the butter beans are ready to be shelled, the corn is shucked, the strawberries perfect and the cucumbers are tender and sweet.

The recipes for this new cookbook were selected from the database of more than 25,000 award-winning recipes included in Quail Ridge Press' nationally acclaimed Best of the Best State Cookbook Series. (This Series has sold over 3.5 million copies.)

These 390 "Recipe Hall of Fame" recipes selected are considered the best of the Best of the Best state cookbook series! Included among the recipes are a variety of dishes ranging from appetizers to desserts. Also included in the cookbook are quips that provide information about the produce used to create these delectable dishes.

This cookbook was compiled and edited by Gwen McKee, Barbara Moseley and Terresa Ray, the ladies who have produced over a hundred cookbooks over the past 32 years.

The "Fresh from the Farmers Market Cookbook" was initially offered exclusively on the national shopping television channel, QVC, where the first printing of 15,000 copies sold out in less than 14 minutes. The cookbook will be available to the public at large in September and will be available at bookstores, kitchen and gift shops, farmers markets, and directly from the publisher by calling 800-343-1583.

Fresh from the Farmers Market

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,768 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

I'm sure they're very nice ladies.

I don't want to seem obsessed with this, but . . . -- Sneakeater, August 13, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table