#1 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,123 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:52 AM

tea tragedy

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#2 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,591 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

tea tragedy

A comment from an unhappy customer:

'I cannot describe how awful this new tea tastes. The old award-winning tea was in a completely different league to this foul-tasting dishwater

but the company says the tea is new and refreshed...

Twinings’ new The Earl Grey contains extra bergamot and citrus.

According to the company’s website the product has been ‘refreshed’ with an ‘additional hint of bergamot’.

Alex Probyn, a master tea blender who runs the firm Blends for Friends, said: ‘You are talking about changing a product that people have been drinking for decades. A reaction is inevitable.’

A spokesman for Twinings insisted it had carried out extensive market research before implementing the changes.

He said: ‘As with all changes to blends, our new Earl Grey has undergone rigorous consumer tasting, receiving strong preference feedback over the previous blend.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1WwSUIBmJ

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#3 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,444 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

everyone knows earl grey is demonjuice. what flavour of demonjuice is irrelevant.

my annoying opinions: untimely whisky reviews and occasional cultural commentary

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#4 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,885 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

New Coke

#5 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:49 AM

I don't really like Earl Grey now, but Twinings Earl Grey was the tea of my childhood, and the tea I drank whenever I felt lonely while living abroad. I'm afraid to try the New Earl Grey for fear it will taint my memories.

#6 fentona

fentona

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:51 AM

Posted Image
Andrew Fenton