66 replies to this topic

#61 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

but SURELY you can't read that post as reflecting an ignorance of what "illeism" is.

Correct.

I mean, really, how much more obvious does one need to be. Aren't there any light bulbs on upstairs around here?

And to think that there are people here that think that Chambo doesn't know Apple's financials inside out and backwards and forwards just boggles the mind and shows that they have the same pulse as Steve Jobs. Hey Professor, can you remind these people about my accountant's soul.

And are there actually those here that think that it was just serendipity and luck that if you calculate the percentage of revenue from desktops, laptops, iPhones and iPads that it is indeed as I specified in my initial post - over 80%.

And is that not totally consistent with the following admonition to my esteemed friend:

And Balex, do some arithmetic. Anticipating iPod complaints, I kept my figure conservative at "greater than 80%". But let's make one thing clear. The iPod Touch is nothing but a computer.

Meaning that I opted (in advance, when making my initial post) not to include the iPod revenue as additional "computer" revenue. Otherwise, I could have bumped that "greater than 80%" comment to "greater than 85%". I thought about it for a microsecond but since it didn't quite get me over that impressive 90% threshold I didn't bother with it because I didn't want to have to defend against luddites lamenting that certain iPods aren't really full-fledged computers.

And cstuart, why are you showing us old data? That's Apple's ancient Q1 info. Apple has a September year end, hence that's December 2010's results. If people refer to current restaurant reviews, shouldn't we refer to current financial data? Or were we just googling for any old info that just happens to show up? All that said, my "greater than 80%" comment holds for cstuart's Q1 info and the more relevant most recent quarter's info:

http://images.apple....11q3datasum.pdf

The point being that if you are going to mess with Chambo on accounting issues, please know what the heck you are talking about. And if you think this is an arrogant post, I don't give a shit what any of you think about me. My job is to educate and to make people think and to a large extent, to entertain. Don't like my material? Don't read it. © OTB.

Yes, you're right.

(Paying attention everyone? This is what you do when you find out you are wrong... )

I sure hope this wasn't aimed at me, was it Sir Balex?

Because I am more than happy to admit when I'm wrong.

#62 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

Anyone recalling protesting ladies?
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#63 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,473 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:17 AM

What part of "enough personal stuff" don't you guys understand?

(What part of "how many battalions does the Pope have?" don't I understand?)
Bar Loser

MF Old

#64 LML

LML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:24 AM

I don't give a shit what any of you think about me.

In that case, no one will mind if I tell you that you are a bell-end.
A dress is neither a tragedy nor a painting it is a charming and ephemeral creation, not an everlasting work of art. Fashion should die and die quickly in order that commerce may survive.

Food or frock?

#65 Chambolle

Chambolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

Sneak, what's a bell-end? Are you up to speed on that one? Is it a good thing? :unsure: I'm hoping it is. He sure uses a lot of tricky-dicky words, doesn't he.

And I promise to be a good boy from now on. Or at least as good as Chambo ever gets.

Hey LML, seriously, I know this is a bit off-topic here but do you got any Asturias recommendations?

#66 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,445 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#67 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,473 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

Thread closed.
Bar Loser

MF Old