#1 GordonCooks

GordonCooks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

Good Day All,

Taking my folks to TO for the weekend so they can IKEA shop. The Best Korean I've had is my mom's but I'm looking for a traditional, non-fusion style place she would enjoy. She's not much for trendy, fancy, etc but appreciates house made kimhcee, panchan, etc...Bulgogi and Kalbi as such are nice but we do ours over charcoal as a rule.

Thanks in advance for recommendations.
Jazz is musical improvisation; it is the art of the moment. In the recording of jazz, the inspiration and inventiveness of this moment is made permanent by technology, giving pleasure many years after the performance.

Photography is jazz for the eye. - William Claxton

#2 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

Good Day All,

Taking my folks to TO for the weekend so they can IKEA shop. The Best Korean I've had is my mom's but I'm looking for a traditional, non-fusion style place she would enjoy. She's not much for trendy, fancy, etc but appreciates house made kimhcee, panchan, etc...Bulgogi and Kalbi as such are nice but we do ours over charcoal as a rule.

Nice Gordon. A bit outside my wheelhouse, although I'm supposed to be getting KFC with one of my Korean buddies in K-Town in the next couple weeks. I enjoyed Joon's for dak galbi a while back, although I haven't had a recent experience. It maintains a good reputation, though.

I think you need to interpret what I'm saying in a reasonable way.

#3 GordonCooks

GordonCooks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

Good Day All,

Nice Gordon. A bit outside my wheelhouse, although I'm supposed to be getting KFC with one of my Korean buddies in K-Town in the next couple weeks. I enjoyed Joon's for dak galbi a while back, although I haven't had a recent experience. It maintains a good reputation, though.

We're staying in Yorkville and most likely heading to Korea House or Buk Chang Dong unless better info surfaces......or mom wants fettucine alfredo.

Cheers
Jazz is musical improvisation; it is the art of the moment. In the recording of jazz, the inspiration and inventiveness of this moment is made permanent by technology, giving pleasure many years after the performance.

#4 GordonCooks

GordonCooks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

An article in this months Toronto Life

#5 Adrian

Adrian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

Gordon, my friend, I know it's a bit late, but Tofu Village on Bloor is very good and has become my Korean food go-to. The hideous interior, photographs of the food with menu numbers, and pay at the cash ordering system are well worth it. The best in K-Town? Probably.

I think you need to interpret what I'm saying in a reasonable way.

#6 GordonCooks

GordonCooks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Gordon, my friend, I know it's a bit late, but Tofu Village on Bloor is very good and has become my Korean food go-to. The hideous interior, photographs of the food with menu numbers, and pay at the cash ordering system are well worth it. The best in K-Town? Probably.

I believe it. My Korean mom (who's food is top notch) says it's not bad.

The equivalent of an Italian mother liking her daughter-in-law's marinara.