#1 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

Here we go again.

29 contestants to start. At least they broke them up into manageable teams and gave them a decent amount of screen time so I can judge them! Seattle didn't fare well at all. Of the 4 who started, 3 got cut immediately. When I read that the chef from Sutra, the well-regarded vegan restaurant in my neighborhood, was going to be on it - I knew he'd be gone immediately. But the other two surprised me. We'll see how the final one does next week.

Chicago is well represented. I love Hugh Acheson - so that will be fun to watch him this season.

Anyone else watching?
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#2 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,669 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

was it last night? i wonder if the dvr caught it.

my annoying opinions: untimely whisky reviews and occasional cultural commentary

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#3 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,847 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Once again, Bravo has managed to collect the most unattractive group of people ever to appear on television.

And she was.

#4 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

I'm watching. It's funny because Uchi (local restaurant) has their sous in it - Paul Qui - and they held a watch party at the restaurant last night. Only, Qui didn't get to cook last night.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#5 tsquare

tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

How'd I miss that? And yes, couldn't imagine Colin making it far.

#6 SethG

SethG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

I really enjoyed the first episode. Brutal, really. But good fun. I was really happy when Tom sent the arrogant guy home for botching the butchering of the pig. Nice to see Hugh will be a judge. I'm not sure how I feel about Emeril.
Why yes, I do have a rock climbing blog! Climb and Punishment

#7 Eatmywords

Eatmywords

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Damn !@#$% DVR didn't record. Tried again lastnight, hopefully.

I wonder how many bbq related challenges they'll be

#8 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Damn !@#$% DVR didn't record. Tried again lastnight, hopefully.

I wonder how many bbq related challenges they'll be

I am sure that they will run episode 1 next Weds right before 2.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#9 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,669 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

episode 1 is being replayed 54 times before the next one airs. we recorded it last night and watched it this evening. good fun.

i was expecting stone to be a lot taller than he appeared to be on the show.

my annoying opinions: untimely whisky reviews and occasional cultural commentary

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#10 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

I really enjoyed the first episode. Brutal, really. But good fun. I was really happy when Tom sent the arrogant guy home for botching the butchering of the pig.

Now, that was pure hilariousness.

And G turned to me and said, "Even you could cut a chop better than that".
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#11 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

I'm watching! :)
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#12 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,669 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

are there no winners of the elimination challenges this time around? or just not in the early rounds?

mrs. jones says she is going to watch the season primarily to find out if the korean-american woman is going to ever cook something she doesn't put gochujang on.

~homer simpson

#13 Eatmywords

Eatmywords

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Don’t worry, in a couple episodes she’ll feel the need to avoid being type casted, go outside her zone, screw up and get thrown off.

I took a chance coming in here since I have yet to see the latest episode. (I’ll try tonight, on dvr). I was thinking about the Royal Caribbean chef and how her superiors took her very early dismissal. I wonder if mentioning the company 50 times made up for any bad press.

They should have gotten a Celebrity contestant. Their food is much better. :cool:

#14 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,847 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Did that guy have a pair of sunglasses on top of his head the entire episode? In addition to the regular pair he was wearing? Is this a new thing?

And she was.

#15 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

I wondered about the no winner thing myself. The winner of the Quick Fire gets immunity but I remember the other winner getting bottles of wine, cash, trips, books.

And I totally notice they guy with two sets of glasses - I predict his sous will be in the competition longer than he is. He keeps mentioning how he wants to keep the guy, Richie (?) in the competition.

The Korean-American woman is so interesting. She ranted in WF about how her dish was the most important. And later cried while watching the father/daughter dance at the Quinceañera.

I haven't seen enough of people to pick a favorite. I did like guy on the green team who knew a lot about Mexican food. He was able to provide advice without sounding pompous and dismissive.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM