Photo

So you really love "molecular gastronomy"?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,486 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

PolyScience has a job opening. Based in Chicago.

I don't want to seem obsessed with this, but . . . -- Sneakeater, August 13, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#2 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,709 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

instead of a cube, you get to work in a big gel bubble and the office furniture is all made from freeze-dried cornstarch

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

I really dislike Molecular Gastronomy
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#4 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

The This book is fine. A sort of anecdotal version of McGee -- how to make the perfect souffle and so on. And there's nothing wrong with the idea, but much evil is done in the name of MG. Talking of which...

Blumenthal on hospital food.

(One might have thought that someone notorious for poisoning people would refrain from pontificating on food as medicine.)
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#5 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,709 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

The This book is fine. A sort of anecdotal version of McGee -- how to make the perfect souffle and so on. And there's nothing wrong with the idea, but much evil is done in the name of MG. Talking of which...

(One might have thought that someone notorious for poisoning people would refrain from pontificating on food as medicine.)

medicine/poison, you're splitting hairs, no?

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#6 tsquare

tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

I'm not sure how many people get that beyond the 3 of us! Thanks for the snort.

#7 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,709 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

I'm not sure how many people get that beyond the 3 of us! Thanks for the snort.

i live to serve

~Jack Handey