5 replies to this topic

#1 Nancy S.

Nancy S.

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

I bought a tub of lightly salted Ronnybrook Farm butter at the Union Square Greenmarket the other day. We are loving it. It's quite creamy and fresh tasting and the amount of salt is perfect, for me.

#2 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,566 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

I bought a tub of lightly salted Ronnybrook Farm butter at the Union Square Greenmarket the other day. We are loving it. It's quite creamy and fresh tasting and the amount of salt is perfect, for me.

last time i bought their butter, i found it very disappointing,but that was a while back. i did notice that they have garlic butter now, too. maybe i'll give it try instead of always making my own garlic butter

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#3 Nancy S.

Nancy S.

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

last time i bought their butter, i found it very disappointing,but that was a while back. i did notice that they have garlic butter now, too. maybe i'll give it try instead of always making my own garlic butter

Lurpak has become my "house" butter, after so many disappointments with other brands. I thought Ronnybrook made for a good substitute.

#4 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

We've been enjoying the Icelandic butter, Smjor. Wholefoods had (maybe still has) a good deal, 8oz going for $2.50.
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#5 irnscrabblechf52

irnscrabblechf52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

when I'm at school, we make 100% butter (vs. 50/50 butter shortening) pie crusts using the ronnybrook product. i think it bakes very well. you get a much buttery butter flavor in the final pastry.
Immortal space traveler.

#6 Nancy S.

Nancy S.

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

when I'm at school, we make 100% butter (vs. 50/50 butter shortening) pie crusts using the ronnybrook product. i think it bakes very well. you get a much buttery butter flavor in the final pastry.

I used it to make an excellent grilled cheese today (with Eli's challah) -- the butter elevated this sandwich exponentially.