splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,151 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

:-(
must make a pilgrimage before august?
great for him and the mrs, i guess. he probably could sorely use some time off to recharge and reinvent.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#3 Steven Dilley

Steven Dilley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

“When’s the last time I sat on a beach and read The Brothers Karamazov?” Trotter said. “It’s time.”

When's the last time anyone did that?
Say what you will about the ten commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them.

--H.L.Mencken

Sissies and wastoids

#4 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,151 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

“When’s the last time I sat on a beach and read The Brothers Karamazov?” Trotter said. “It’s time.”

When's the last time anyone did that?

it's no secret that he's kind of a weird guy.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#5 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,931 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

So when will he run for office?

I try never to dine with other people. It just makes things so much easier. -- Anthony Bonner, March 28, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#6 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,151 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

So when will he run for office?

oh, to live in a country where the law determines what's a correct dice and the proper way to serve a table

~Jack Handey

#7 Robert Brown

Robert Brown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

I ate there only once about three years ago. My meal bordered on atrocious. The restaurant was running on fumes. Trotter was in Mexico trying to open a hotel-restaurant, which apparently never came to fruition, just as the one he planned in New York. A young apprentice-type in the kitchen, which was where we ate, proudly proclaimed that everything was cooked sous-vide, That says it all. It sounds like time passed it by quite a while ago; probably soon afte Grant Achatz hit town.