5 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,600 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

How much do you want to bet the first 535 members are already in Congress?

Newark Star-Ledger:

PreCheck passengers are directed to special screening lanes where they are not required to remove their shoes, belts or light jackets. They can also keep their computers in their cases and are not subject to the TSA’s so-called 3-1-1 rule, which limits liquids carried by each passenger to three 3.4-once (100 ml) bottles, contained in a single quart-sized clear plastic bag.

"If TSA determines a passenger is eligible for expedited screening through the TSA PreCheck vetting process, information will be embedded in the bar code of the passenger’s boarding pass," the agency said in a statement. "TSA will read the bar code at the checkpoint and the passenger may be referred to a lane where he/she will undergo expedited screening."

The program is open to certain frequent fliers from Delta Air Lines and American Airlines, plus some members of the federal Customs and Border Protection agency’s Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS, who are U.S. citizens. Eligibility requirements are posted on the screening agency’s website, www.tsa.gov.

JFK

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

Newark Star-Ledger:

PreCheck passengers are directed to special screening lanes where they are not required to remove their shoes, belts or light jackets. They can also keep their computers in their cases and are not subject to the TSA’s so-called 3-1-1 rule, which limits liquids carried by each passenger to three 3.4-once (100 ml) bottles, contained in a single quart-sized clear plastic bag.

"If TSA determines a passenger is eligible for expedited screening through the TSA PreCheck vetting process, information will be embedded in the bar code of the passenger’s boarding pass," the agency said in a statement. "TSA will read the bar code at the checkpoint and the passenger may be referred to a lane where he/she will undergo expedited screening."

The program is open to certain frequent fliers from Delta Air Lines and American Airlines, plus some members of the federal Customs and Border Protection agency’s Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS, who are U.S. citizens. Eligibility requirements are posted on the screening agency’s website, www.tsa.gov.

JFK

We have it in Las Vegas...and I love it! Being a very frequent Delta FF got me in. The only downside is, every once in awhile they make you got through the whole dog and pony show to 'keep you honest' :rolleyes: . So, you can't absolutely count on breezing through security in no time flat.

#3 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

How does one apply for this?

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#4 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,134 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Newark Star-Ledger:

JFK

We have it in Las Vegas...and I love it! Being a very frequent Delta FF got me in. The only downside is, every once in awhile they make you got through the whole dog and pony show to 'keep you honest' :rolleyes: . So, you can't absolutely count on breezing through security in no time flat.

i was going to do this through some amex platinum program. i think it's global entry but i didn't feel like i fly enough anymore to deal with the application process. hoping to travel more this year and i think i'll go for it

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#5 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Newark Star-Ledger:

JFK

i was going to do this through some amex platinum program. i think it's global entry but i didn't feel like i fly enough anymore to deal with the application process. hoping to travel more this year and i think i'll go for it

Amex Plat will reimburse the GE fee...so, you might as well go for it. And, over the course of the next year, more airlines will be joining the program. The other downside is, there are a limited number of airports participating at this point.

#6 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,442 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

How is this different from the various other express screening programs that seem to have come and gone in the past 10 years?