19 replies to this topic

#1 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

I can see which designers they chose for their talent, and which they chose for the drama/funky factor. Not sure how this is going to play out--it could be a total snoozeville (as it is so far). And what good is a Project Runway without Tim Gunn?

(apologies if there's already a thread somewhere. I did a search but could not find one.)

#2 plattetude

plattetude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I can see which designers they chose for their talent, and which they chose for the drama/funky factor. Not sure how this is going to play out--it could be a total snoozeville (as it is so far). And what good is a Project Runway without Tim Gunn?

(apologies if there's already a thread somewhere. I did a search but could not find one.)

I'd guess it wasn't so much who they "chose" as who agreed to do it. I'm sure they'd have preferred to have more than 13 contestants. I mean designers.

C

#3 nuxvomica

nuxvomica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

wait, not Tim Gunn?!
“Eat me,’’ it says. “Eat me and die.’’ -- Jonathan Gold

Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not OK, then it's not the end.

#4 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

I actually liked the first episode. I don't care for the host but I like Joanna Coles.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#5 nuxvomica

nuxvomica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

ah, i wonder if this is why Tim is not involved - i just started getting a ton of these queries right now:

Does your wife, sister, daughter, friend or co-worker dress in clothes that are way too tight? Do you think it makes her style too sexy or inappropriate? Have you tried to suggest she dress in looser clothing but she resists or doesn't know how to make the change?

If this sounds like you or someone you know and care about....and she would be open to having style guru, Tim Gunn, help her make the transformation, ABC's The Revolution wants to hear from you today! Only those willing to share their stories on
national television should reply.

Do you wonder if you're wearing the right size clothes? Do your clothes often drape over your body, making you appear shapeless?

Or do your clothes fit tightly in some places and loose in others? Maybe you envy those who appear to have the perfect fitting jeans, jacket or ideal length dress pants?

If you find it a challenge to find clothes that fit you well and would like style guru, Tim Gunn's help in find perfect fitting clothes for your body, we want to hear from asap.

Do you love high heel shoes but find them impractical? Or have your feet changed over the years and now it's painful to wear
them. Perhaps you're a busy mom who needs comfortable shoes to get through her day. If this sounds like you and you'd love Tim Gunn's help in finding flat and fabulous shoes for all occasions, we want to... hear from you as soon as possible.

#6 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Mondo's designs continue to blow me away.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#7 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

ah, i wonder if this is why Tim is not involved - i just started getting a ton of these queries right now:

Does your wife, sister, daughter, friend or co-worker dress in clothes that are way too tight? Do you think it makes her style too sexy or inappropriate? Have you tried to suggest she dress in looser clothing but she resists or doesn't know how to make the change?

If this sounds like you or someone you know and care about....and she would be open to having style guru, Tim Gunn, help her make the transformation, ABC's The Revolution wants to hear from you today! Only those willing to share their stories on

Do you wonder if you're wearing the right size clothes? Do your clothes often drape over your body, making you appear shapeless?

Or do your clothes fit tightly in some places and loose in others? Maybe you envy those who appear to have the perfect fitting jeans, jacket or ideal length dress pants?

If you find it a challenge to find clothes that fit you well and would like style guru, Tim Gunn's help in find perfect fitting clothes for your body, we want to hear from asap.

Do you love high heel shoes but find them impractical? Or have your feet changed over the years and now it's painful to wear
them. Perhaps you're a busy mom who needs comfortable shoes to get through her day. If this sounds like you and you'd love Tim Gunn's help in finding flat and fabulous shoes for all occasions, we want to... hear from you as soon as possible.

This sounds like "What not to wear". Trinny and Suzanna in the UK original were good. The US imitation was pretty awful. If Tim Gunn can do it, I'll watch.
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#8 nuxvomica

nuxvomica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

This sounds like "What not to wear". Trinny and Suzanna in the UK original were good. The US imitation was pretty awful. If Tim Gunn can do it, I'll watch.

agreed on all counts. miss Trinny & Suzanna, US version unwatchable (they keep looking for victims subjects through these queries as well)

#9 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Sounds like Tim Gunn's Guide to Style that was on a few years ago. Total snoozeville. But maybe it will be more interesting this time around.

#10 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Possible spoiler, but probably not since the US broadcasts episodes a week or so earlier than in Canada.

I can't believe Kara is still there and Rami went home. Sure Rami's outfit kind of sucked in this episode, but almost all of Kara's outfits have sucked. And Austin should be going home soon, too. He sucks except for when he does evening wear. And that little mustache of his creeps me out.

And could someone explain sportswear to me? Sportswear is stuff you wear to the gym, isn't it? How is any of that stuff sportswear?

#11 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

Maybe sportswear is anything that isn't evening wear.

I liked this past week's episode - the Broadway one. I think the winning garment was simply stunning.

#12 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Maybe sportswear is anything that isn't evening wear.

I liked this past week's episode - the Broadway one. I think the winning garment was simply stunning.

The fashion definition of sportswear.

I liked this last episode too. I thought the top two looks were perfect.

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#13 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Someone just tell me who wins. Tonight is the top 4 episode. I'm hoping Austin goes home. Then Mondo will definitely win because Michael will choke (and he's a bit inconsistent) and Keenley's outfits are always the same, so they won't let her win just because she's a one-hit-wonder.

Please please. . . I want Mondo to win everything.

#14 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Have you watched the two most recent episodes? I'm curious to know what you think of Mondo now. I still like him, but he seemed like a total drama queen.

I'm still on Team Austin.

#15 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

He's an artist and all his anxieties have been edited to make him look as nervous and in as worse a mood as possible. He may also be bipolar....just speculating here.