Photo

What is the most boring sport in the world?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,767 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

That's going to be the MLB's advertising slogan next season: "Major League Baseball: 27% more action than football!" "But 100% less cheerleaders!"

And she was.

#17 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

And 86% less action than real football.
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#18 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Aha!.

The total 14 minutes of action was about three minutes more action than one might see in a football game, according to our previous study.

So, more action in baseball. And at least in baseball you're spared the indignity of a halftime where football players need to rest up after playing 6 minutes of football in the first half.

I'll give you another reason why baseball is better than football - no Tim Tebow.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#19 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,767 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Lex, you're a dear, dear man. Having, along with others, just been through the trials and aggravation of attempting to explain to you the concept of sudden death overtime, I have neither the time, inclination, nor, no doubt, the ability, to explain to you the game of football and it's superiority over baseball. If you enjoy watching baseball, then by all means, continue. It's not wrong to enjoy it -- it's not rap music -- it's just bland.

And she was.

#20 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,524 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

Another reason why baseball is better than football - no Dallas Cowboys.

Unlike the Cowboys, the Texas Rangers are lovable and are owned by a classy guy like Nolan Ryan, not some would-be Kim Jong Il like Jerry Jones.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#21 Eatmywords

Eatmywords

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

DVR is a godsend esp for nfl. If I have to endure one (of the 200) commercials Iíll off myself. Iíve perfected start time to 1 hr 15min from kickoff so I catch up or finish within a couple minutes of real time. Saves 2.5hrs.

#22 GordonCooks

GordonCooks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

Frisbee Golf, hands down.

Frisbee anything for that matter.
Jazz is musical improvisation; it is the art of the moment. In the recording of jazz, the inspiration and inventiveness of this moment is made permanent by technology, giving pleasure many years after the performance.

Photography is jazz for the eye. - William Claxton

#23 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

I played curling at university. The only reason I joined the club was because the captain was a real dish (I am so fickle). It lasted one term as I couldn't stand the cold feet.
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#24 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

Arguing on Internet chat sites.

Because it's allowed doesn't mean it isn't creepy. -- Sneakeater, April 10, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#25 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

no, it isn't.

my annoying opinions: untimely whisky reviews and occasional cultural commentary

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#26 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,923 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

I was going to say baseball but, i have seen exciting World Series Games, i have also watched exciting women softball games.. And then again, anything can be made exciting if you gamble. I am going to say a hockey match with no fights in it.
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#27 bigbear

bigbear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

I played curling at university. The only reason I joined the club was because the captain was a real dish (I am so fickle). It lasted one term as I couldn't stand the cold feet.

His or yours?
-- Jeff

TioPacho.com

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx

#28 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,414 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

no, it isn't.

yes it is.

(see??)

Because it's allowed doesn't mean it isn't creepy. -- Sneakeater, April 10, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#29 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

His or yours?

Ha. Both. We both had cold feet.

So, I went on to the squash club. That was fun. I'm pretty rubbish at squash, but I came across someone even worse than me: a Huxley (yes, that Huxley family). He was gorgeous too --better looking than the curling captain, come to think of it-- and it was kind of fun to thrash him. I think it was the only game of squash I ever won. Still in touch with his twin brother.....long story.

Imagine, if you will, playing squash with someone who shared these looks.

Posted Image
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#30 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

no, it isn't.

yes it is.

(see??)

That's not an argument it's just contradictions. :lol:
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.