1 reply to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,335 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

One of the hottest reservations in the country according to Eater.

It's not a conventional restaurant, but rather a single chef's table in the kitchen of a well regarded catering operation and gourmet store. You provide the guests, they provide the venue and food. The reservations book opens a year to the day in advance.

$100 a person, plus 20% gratuity, plus $20 a table for corkage, they estimate $130 a person. Cash preferred. Although they are BYOB, the restaurant lists suggested pairings of wine for each of 8 courses. The super seasonal menu changes every few weeks.

Farm to table

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#2 Nancy S.

Nancy S.

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

One of the hottest reservations in the country according to Eater.

It's not a conventional restaurant, but rather a single chef's table in the kitchen of a well regarded catering operation and gourmet store. You provide the guests, they provide the venue and food. The reservations book opens a year to the day in advance.

$100 a person, plus 20% gratuity, plus $20 a table for corkage, they estimate $130 a person. Cash preferred. Although they are BYOB, the restaurant lists suggested pairings of wine for each of 8 courses. The super seasonal menu changes every few weeks.

Farm to table

Before opening Talula's Table, the owner and her now ex-husband owned and ran Django in Philadelphia. That was a small byob with nicely executed food -- quite good, in fact, but, to me, the overwhelming praise and resulting popularity exceeded its merits. The Talula's Table owner now is a partner with Steven Starr in a new venue called Talula's Garden in Philadelphia (both places are named after the owner's daughter). I've never been to Talula's Table or Garden, but my father and brother had dinner at the latter, which they found underwhelming. I believe Talula's Garden has been through at least 3 chefs since opening last spring.