8 replies to this topic

#1 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

Pat LaFrieda Premium Meatball Blend combines Amish veal, all-natural Hampshire pork, Colorado lamb, and Black Angus beef. This signature combination of fresh-ground, premium meat is just what you need to replicate grandma's meatballs, create a rich Bolognese sauce, or make your favorite meatloaf recipe extra juicy and flavorful.

if we do believe in it, do we imagine that it would make a nice meatball when lightened with ricotta?

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#2 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,597 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

Pat LaFrieda Premium Meatball Blend combines Amish veal, all-natural Hampshire pork, Colorado lamb, and Black Angus beef. This signature combination of fresh-ground, premium meat is just what you need to replicate grandma's meatballs, create a rich Bolognese sauce, or make your favorite meatloaf recipe extra juicy and flavorful.

if we do believe in it, do we imagine that it would make a nice meatball when lightened with ricotta?

How much a pound for this ground meat from the gods?

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#3 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

How much a pound for this ground meat from the gods?

only $6.99 a pound, a bargain at twice the price, no doubt

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#4 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:39 AM

you can have ozersky personally spew on it for less than twice the price.

#5 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

not even if he spewed fresh ricotta, thanks

~Jack Handey

#6 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,902 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

This masterful combination of pork, beef, veal and lamb makes meatballs we could eat every night. Shape it into meatballs to simmer in a sugo, or use it as the basis for a rich, sophisticated Bolognese sauce. The butchers at Pat LaFrieda Meats create this blend with top-quality meats, combining different cuts to achieve the perfect balance of flavor and texture, and carefully controlling the temperature of both the meat and the grinding equipment so the fat stays dense and firm.
Created by Pat LaFrieda Meats, a third-generation butcher that supplies meat to many of New York’s top restaurants.
A blend of all-natural Black Angus beef, heritage Hampshire pork, milk-fed veal and Suffolk lamb, raised humanely on family farms in the U.S.
Free of antibiotics and hormones.
Natural grain finishing enhances the robust beef flavor.

Is it any better if you spend $32 for 3 pounds (exclusive of shipping*)? This, btw, is shown as "Exclusive" so where are you seeing it for *only* $6.99? Did it fall off a truck? :huh:

In any case, this is absolutely brilliant marketing: you grind your miscellaneous unidentified scraps--unlike the meatloaf blend, which at least IDs the beef cuts used--to sell at a premium price. And not only is there no hint of meat cuts, there is also no indication of fat content. Wow, I wish I'd thought of that! :ph43r:

*Re: shipping:

To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping.

Please allow up to one week for delivery.

WTF??

I try never to dine with other people. It just makes things so much easier. -- Anthony Bonner, March 28, 2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#7 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

This masterful combination of pork, beef, veal and lamb makes meatballs we could eat every night. Shape it into meatballs to simmer in a sugo, or use it as the basis for a rich, sophisticated Bolognese sauce. The butchers at Pat LaFrieda Meats create this blend with top-quality meats, combining different cuts to achieve the perfect balance of flavor and texture, and carefully controlling the temperature of both the meat and the grinding equipment so the fat stays dense and firm.
Created by Pat LaFrieda Meats, a third-generation butcher that supplies meat to many of New York’s top restaurants.
A blend of all-natural Black Angus beef, heritage Hampshire pork, milk-fed veal and Suffolk lamb, raised humanely on family farms in the U.S.
Free of antibiotics and hormones.
Natural grain finishing enhances the robust beef flavor.

Is it any better if you spend $32 for 3 pounds (exclusive of shipping*)? This, btw, is shown as "Exclusive" so where are you seeing it for *only* $6.99? Did it fall off a truck? :huh:

In any case, this is absolutely brilliant marketing: you grind your miscellaneous unidentified scraps--unlike the meatloaf blend, which at least IDs the beef cuts used--to sell at a premium price. And not only is there no hint of meat cuts, there is also no indication of fat content. Wow, I wish I'd thought of that! :ph43r:

*Re: shipping:

To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping.

Please allow up to one week for delivery.

WTF??

i suspect, it's the price that's exclusive and not the blend :lol:

~Jack Handey

#8 OTB

OTB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

not even if he spewed fresh ricotta, thanks

The ad hominem is totally unnecessary.
Jason Perlow
Food Blogger, OffTheBroiler.com
Sr. Technology Editor, ZDNet / CBS Interactive
My Flickr Stream: Click Here for Food Photos

#9 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

it's really hard for me to hear the words la frieda without thinking of that guy shilling for them.