9 replies to this topic

#1 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

e by Jose Andres is tucked away in Jaleo in The Cosmopolitan Hotel in a similar way as Minibar is part of Cafe Atlantico.

I'm planning to go here next month so sent an email last night requesting a reservation. Immediately back came the following:

"é is available Wednesday through Sunday, with show times of 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm. We accommodate a maximum of 8 guests per seating."

So seatings are now "show times!"

Hopefully I'll get in.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#2 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69,678 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Sounds like fun. Won't be the easiest restaurant to search for online, will it? :huh:

#3 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

With just 8 seats, I suspect the concierge will control seating. Which could be a plus for Cosmopolitan's hotel guests.

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#4 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

Yeah, got in! Step 2 is filling out a confirmation form including cc info, dietary restrictions or allergies. As for the rules, no photos or cell phones, cancellations less than 2 weeks ahead of reservation gets assessed a 50% penalty. No shows get assessed 100% penalty. Approximately 20 "courses" over 2.5 hours for $160 pp.

Ambrose Bierce

#5 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Interesting, they have dropped the price since I went last. It's really not a tough reservation. Just a pita to jump through the hoops with the emails and forms. Most of the guests are either foodies or highrollers on comps. Only 3 seats were filled the night I went.

#6 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,230 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

Interesting, they have dropped the price since I went last. It's really not a tough reservation. Just a pita to jump through the hoops with the emails and forms. Most of the guests are either foodies or highrollers on comps. Only 3 seats were filled the night I went.

Eater has a feature about this restaurant, which it describes as one of the toughest tickets. Based on the restaurant's response, it sounds like you are perfectly on the money. They describe it as having multi-stages, and attempting to be as democratic as they can.

Exactly one month prior to the desired date, at 12am PST, send an e-mail. If you have subsequent dates that work for you, include them.

They accept reservations in the order received, they say. Having an alternate date is helpful, and can push the reservations date out beyond 30 days, it would seem.

If you do this, they say, your chances of a reservation are pretty good.

There are even occasional openings for walk-in and wait listed customers as scheduled participants are unable to partake from time to time.

Hoops, and more hoops

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman

#7 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:18 AM

Eater has a feature about this restaurant, which it describes as one of the toughest tickets. Based on the restaurant's response, it sounds like you are perfectly on the money. They describe it as having multi-stages, and attempting to be as democratic as they can.

Exactly one month prior to the desired date, at 12am PST, send an e-mail. If you have subsequent dates that work for you, include them.

They accept reservations in the order received, they say. Having an alternate date is helpful, and can push the reservations date out beyond 30 days, it would seem.

If you do this, they say, your chances of a reservation are pretty good.

There are even occasional openings for walk-in and wait listed customers as scheduled participants are unable to partake from time to time.

Hoops, and more hoops

Thank you. I needed a laugh today. 'Occasional openinings' :rolleyes: :P Someone in pr is trying to earn their paycheck ;) .

#8 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Received my gold tickets yesterday in the mail. Very Willy Wonka-ish.

Ambrose Bierce

#9 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Most unique dinner experience of my life but not necessarily the best. 20 or so little courses served to 8 people around a food bar by 3 chefs who plate the dishes right in front of you. Some dishes were great, a few just okay but no clunkers in the bunch. 2 1/2 hours of fun but if I were to do it all over again we'd share one of the alcohol flights. My wife and I were pretty hammered by the end of the night. The couple next to us, married but not to each other, inquired about our interest in swinging post-dinner. Only in Las Vegas. :ph43r:

Ambrose Bierce

#10 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69,678 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

I wasn't expecting that punchline.