5 replies to this topic

#1 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

From a "think piece" in today's Times by Neil Genzlinger about the oversaturation of strip club scenes on TV shows:

First let me say that I yield to no man in my fondness for naked women. I have seen several in person, though none recently, and rank them right up there with a good sunset or a crisply turned double play on my list of things worth looking at.

How did that "though none recently" get past the editor?
Bar Loser

MF Old

#2 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

From a "think piece" in today's Times by Neil Genzlinger about the oversaturation of strip club scenes on TV shows:

First let me say that I yield to no man in my fondness for naked women. I have seen several in person, though none recently, and rank them right up there with a good sunset or a crisply turned double play on my list of things worth looking at.

What's wrong with "none"?
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#3 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,030 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

What editor? <_<

the people who flock to dine at the restaurant on account of its reputation/stars are getting their money's worth because what they are after is a piece of the reputation/stars and nothing else. their money is not wasted. -- mongo jones, 11/5/2014

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#4 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

What's wrong with "none"?

Well, it's unfortunate for Neil Genzlinger (although I don't see why readers of the New York Times need to know that).
Bar Loser

MF Old

#5 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70,229 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

I am disappointed that my favorite Twitter feed hasn't picked this up yet:

GUYS, heterosexual men like looking at naked women, and the Times is ON IT.

#6 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

I am disappointed that my favorite Twitter feed hasn't picked this up yet:

GUYS, heterosexual men like looking at naked women, and the Times is ON IT.

Apparently, only as much as scenery or baseball, at least in the author's case. I think his priorities are a bit skewed, but maybe that's just me. :lol:
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.