No replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,611 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:19 PM

The Slow Food of the Gold and Treasure Coast organization (Palm Beach, Martin, St Lucie and Indian River counties) is sponsoring a farm tour next week. Of special note is the visit to Sunnier Palms (8800 Okeechobee Road in Fort Pierce), which offers air layered trees for sale. This naturist/nudist community will offer freshly squeezed orange juice and an interpretive tour of the groves.

Heathcote Organic Gardens will also offer a tour at 2pm. 210 Savannah Road in Fort Pierce.

Kai-Kai (8006 SW Kanner Highway in Indiantown) will offer a visit to their seedling house, and a tour of their CSA packing sheds from 2-3

D&D Farms (5059 SW Citrus Blvd in Palm City) will offer an all-day pick your own vegetables opportunity, and an onsite chef preparing foods from the gardens.

Gibbons Organic (3904 Kings Highway in Fort Pierce) will offer tours from 4-6pm of their greenhouses, papaya and banana plantations, and beds of vegetables. They sell at the Fort Pierce Farmers market, and usually vend a range of produce, including mizuna, tatsoi, etc. I'll probably visit this location.

No website offered for info on this tour, but I have the brochure if anyone is interested. The Farmers Market will be open on the day of the tour.

“Jazz musicians just get better and better as the years go by. I think chefs are the same way. You know who you are.”

...Jonathan Waxman