I better rethink my position. :P

#33 cstuart

cstuart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Beginning this summer, Pinterest became the top social referrer for marthastewartweddings.com and marthastewart.com, sending more traffic to both properties than Facebook and Twitter combined. Pinterest is on track to become the second highest traffic driver (after Google) to Cooking Light‘s website, up 6,000% from just six months ago.

http://www.techdirt....important.shtml

#34 TaliesinNYC

TaliesinNYC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,075 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Chalk and cheese. Linking drives traffic to wherever I have decided to post my pictures (or texts). Reproducing my content adds value to your site but does nothing for me.

Liking is neither here nor there.

I love people linking to the Pink Pig; I send cease and desist emails to people who reproduce the content on their own sites.

Same here.

In the past four months, I've had two instances of stolen content from the blog. In the first case, the blogger tried to reblog the post and ended up lifting the entire post and the photograph. The food blog has a specific format that I follow so when it gets reposted elsewhere without the coding, things look wonky or off.

In the second instance, the blogger protested "but I linked back to your site". Well, yes, you did but you didn't ask for permission first nor was it a short excerpt. :rolleyes: Funny how technicalities always seem to trip folks up.

I expect it will increase over time. Pinterest is fine by me, as the tradeoffs in potential theft are outweighed by increased site traffic. But if it changes drastically, I'll be shifting in the other direction.