Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

I see the opportunity for a whole new thread

Splinky at the Body Shop
A voyage of discovery.

It would be a chance for her to make new friends named Vic and Rocky.

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#17 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 40,611 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'm sure Splinky has friends everywhere.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#18 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Oooh, this is very timely. I finally found a product that works on my very dry skin and what does Kiehl's do? They stop manufacturing it. They say they haven't discontinued it... yet... but they are not making it right now. As soon as I found that out, I searched the interwebs and bought as many jars as I could get my hands on. I am now down to my last jar and I find out that Paul has been using it! So just this morning I, very politely, asked him if he couldn't please use one of the many other products that I purchased while looking for a replacement for my Kiehl's, since that jar will most likely be the last one I ever get.

My beloved product
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#19 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

I see the opportunity for a whole new thread

Splinky at the Body Shop
A voyage of discovery.

It would be a chance for her to make new friends named Vic and Rocky.

my friends "vinnie the hat" and "big mikey" will be around to see you later, dear.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#20 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Oooh, this is very timely. I finally found a product that works on my very dry skin and what does Kiehl's do? They stop manufacturing it. They say they haven't discontinued it... yet... but they are not making it right now. As soon as I found that out, I searched the interwebs and bought as many jars as I could get my hands on. I am now down to my last jar and I find out that Paul has been using it! So just this morning I, very politely, asked him if he couldn't please use one of the many other products that I purchased while looking for a replacement for my Kiehl's, since that jar will most likely be the last one I ever get.

My beloved product

if you have access to the estee lauder corporate gift stores they may have more or one of the other brands may have a similar product. have you checked mac? at $60 a jar, i'm guessing it's a face product.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

#21 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

My beloved product

if you have access to the estee lauder corporate gift stores they may have more or one of the other brands may have a similar product. have you checked mac? at $60 a jar, i'm guessing it's a face product.

Yeah, it's a face cream. It's more of a face jelly - it has the consistency of Bag Balm. I have asked at the regular places (Nordstrom, Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, etc) and tried many products but nothing is the same or works as well. It's almost as bad as years ago, when Estee Lauder discontinued my favorite shampoo!

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#22 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

My beloved product

Yeah, it's a face cream. It's more of a face jelly - it has the consistency of Bag Balm. I have asked at the regular places (Nordstrom, Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, etc) and tried many products but nothing is the same or works as well. It's almost as bad as years ago, when Estee Lauder discontinued my favorite shampoo!

i'll keep an eye out for it here in ny. i wish i had known earlier today, i would have checked while i was in barney's.

~Jack Handey

#23 ghostrider

ghostrider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Can anything compare with the closure of the last Gauloise factory in France? O the times!
It was hard to avoid the feeling that somebody, somewhere, was missing the point. I couldn't even be sure that it wasn't me. - Douglas Adams

Please come visit my rock concert blog: Tantalized.

#24 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

My beloved product

i'll keep an eye out for it here in ny. i wish i had known earlier today, i would have checked while i was in barney's.

Thanks. It hasn't been manufactured in probably 16 months so I'm not holding out too much hope. The last place I found it on the interwebs was some online retailer that I'd never heard of. Luckily they sent me the product after taking my $$!

#25 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,072 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

I am still recovering from Ice Cream Cone Cereal.. It was a short lived brand in the 80's that I loved.. I actually tracked an unopen box down a few years back.. I was working with a closeout food supplier who had some in his warehouse.. He had recently tossed the pallet out.. Too bad, I think I would have eaten the 20 year old cereal.
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#26 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,791 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

My beloved product

Kiehl's is L'Oreal.
Why not mayo?

#27 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

My beloved product

Kiehl's is L'Oreal.

you are correct, sir. i don't know how i confused the two. maybe it just seemed like an estee kind of thing to do

~Jack Handey

#28 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Back to scrub pads, I called my local London Drugs and they have some in stock (according to their computer system). The customer service representative asked how many I wanted, and I said, "As many as I can get; I heard they might be discontinued," and she replied, "Well, they're showing as a current item, and our warehouse still has them in stock, so I don't think they're being discontinued."

So, two good pieces of news! One--they aren't discontinued in Canada, at least not yet, Two--they're in stock locally, so I could just go pick some up and mail them to you, thereby saving at least some of the shipping fees!

How exciting is that? (OK, I lead a dull life, so it's exciting to me)

#29 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,853 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Back to scrub pads, I called my local London Drugs and they have some in stock (according to their computer system). The customer service representative asked how many I wanted, and I said, "As many as I can get; I heard they might be discontinued," and she replied, "Well, they're showing as a current item, and our warehouse still has them in stock, so I don't think they're being discontinued."

So, two good pieces of news! One--they aren't discontinued in Canada, at least not yet, Two--they're in stock locally, so I could just go pick some up and mail them to you, thereby saving at least some of the shipping fees!

How exciting is that? (OK, I lead a dull life, so it's exciting to me)

i do hope your personal life picks up soon.

the place i called today office max or depot don't ship outside of whatever province they are in. i gather canada has series of berlin like walls that mr reagan didn't manage to bring down. some guy in vancouver acted like he'd never even heard of winnipeg. at some store called madill they said they could not ship outside of their province but that mine was the 5th or 6th call the guy had gotten since january. "what's going on down there?", he said "they taking away all your sponges?"

i'll shoot you a pm and we can figure out if this thing is insane or a genius plan

~Jack Handey

#30 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

I think it will be fun!

(I, too, hope my social life picks up. How will I ever find out if the tonsillectomy stopped the snoring if my cat is the only living thing that sleeps in my bed? But hopefully it won't pick up until after the sponges ship, or you'll never get them. :lol:)