33 replies to this topic

#31 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,998 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

i'll shoot you a pm and we can figure out if this thing is insane or a genius plan

I love it when you two work together.

Posted Image

“I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.”

"One of the Evil Twin beers I tried smelled like a foot." - LiquidNY

"I don't have time to point out all the ways in which you're wrong" - irnscrabblechf52

#32 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

I went to my local London Drugs store, and searched for Scotch Brite scrub pads. I didn't see any, so I thought they were lying about having them in stock. But then I noticed a shelf full of boxes (half a shelf, actually). So I guess they weren't lying. I bought a box to try them out (on sale for $2.99 until March 25). Can't use it on non-stick, but I'll find something to use them on.

Canada gets all the good stuff, I guess. :lol::blink:

eta: I hope I'm Ethel

#33 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,147 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

I went to my local London Drugs store, and searched for Scotch Brite scrub pads. I didn't see any, so I thought they were lying about having them in stock. But then I noticed a shelf full of boxes (half a shelf, actually). So I guess they weren't lying. I bought a box to try them out (on sale for $2.99 until March 25). Can't use it on non-stick, but I'll find something to use them on.

Canada gets all the good stuff, I guess. :lol::blink:

eta: I hope I'm Ethel

enjoy them! scotch-brite rules!
i've managed to secure more than a years supply. my life is complete

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#34 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,147 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Oooh, this is very timely. I finally found a product that works on my very dry skin and what does Kiehl's do? They stop manufacturing it. They say they haven't discontinued it... yet... but they are not making it right now. As soon as I found that out, I searched the interwebs and bought as many jars as I could get my hands on. I am now down to my last jar and I find out that Paul has been using it! So just this morning I, very politely, asked him if he couldn't please use one of the many other products that I purchased while looking for a replacement for my Kiehl's, since that jar will most likely be the last one I ever get.

My beloved product

if you have access to the estee lauder corporate gift stores they may have more or one of the other brands may have a similar product. have you checked mac? at $60 a jar, i'm guessing it's a face product.

Yeah, it's a face cream. It's more of a face jelly - it has the consistency of Bag Balm. I have asked at the regular places (Nordstrom, Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, etc) and tried many products but nothing is the same or works as well. It's almost as bad as years ago, when Estee Lauder discontinued my favorite shampoo!

i'll keep an eye out for it here in ny. i wish i had known earlier today, i would have checked while i was in barney's.

Thanks. It hasn't been manufactured in probably 16 months so I'm not holding out too much hope. The last place I found it on the interwebs was some online retailer that I'd never heard of. Luckily they sent me the product after taking my $$!

perhaps social media can save your face cream

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*